2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Will this fit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011 | 02:12 PM
jondakotaguy
|
Record Breaker

Ah its no problem man.. Hope your day gets better..

I was really wanting to go with a 14" inch.. as the 10" is really limited on the amount of filters availible for it.. from stock paper to Spectra, Airaid and K & N but I did not really want to modify the heater hose over the top of the ac comp. and even though I could make it fit.. as far as my measurements it would be real tight up against the back of the firewall.. so I just went with the 10"

I think i will leave my OEM intake system there and just have the intake hat in my tool box incase i go off into some serious water out on the train.. i can throw the intake hat on the air box and not worry about excess water getting on my filter..

Sounds like a plan to me

Old 05-12-2011 | 02:36 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by jondakotaguy
Ah its no problem man.. Hope your day gets better..

I was really wanting to go with a 14" inch.. as the 10" is really limited on the amount of filters availible for it.. from stock paper to Spectra, Airaid and K & N but I did not really want to modify the heater hose over the top of the ac comp. and even though I could make it fit.. as far as my measurements it would be real tight up against the back of the firewall.. so I just went with the 10"

I think i will leave my OEM intake system there and just have the intake hat in my tool box incase i go off into some serious water out on the train.. i can throw the intake hat on the air box and not worry about excess water getting on my filter..

Sounds like a plan to me
I actually just got back in from trying the 14 in out on my truck I at least had to see how it would look. I ran into 3 problems. 1 the coolent hose. 2 hit off the ac/alt bracket bolt. 3 hit off the the mounting bracket for the tv/throttle cable. Other than that it wasnt tight aginst the firewall looked Im wondering if a 12 would be perfect.

Old 05-12-2011 | 02:43 PM
jondakotaguy
|
Record Breaker

I never could find a 12 that was short enough.. only a 14 and a 10.. plus it has to have the little bit of raise clearance to not hit the TB attachments.. Hopefully this one works well ill post pics once i have it on.. should be here by end of day Friday..

Old 05-13-2011 | 11:02 PM
jondakotaguy
|
Record Breaker

It's here ^_^ I'mma put it on tomorrow and then take some pics from there.. not like its anything major or anything lol