2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

taillight fuse

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 02:57 AM
quajodakota
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default taillight fuse

Last week I got stuck in the mud and when I was getting pulled out I think the tow rope pulled on the wires that light up my rear license plate. The wires were striped and touching each other so I fixed them and went a long my way.

My problem is later that night I realized my taillights weren't working and as expected with that my dash light isn't working either. Blinkers and brakes work just not the tail lights. I am sure the fuse is blown or something simple but the only problem is that I cannot find the fuse for the circuit. I have checked in the circuit board under the hood and also the one were you open the driver side door. None of the fuses are labeled "taillights" or "dashboard" so I have looked at most all of the fuses and haven't been able to find any blown ones. So...what do you all think? Can anybody direct me to the correct fuse I should be looking at? Do you think it is a blown fuse at all? Thanks in advance!

*edit* it is a 2001 dodge dakota.

Last edited by quajodakota; 06-10-2011 at 02:59 AM. Reason: add info
Old 12-17-2011, 01:03 PM
lonewolf1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to replace my heater core and when I put my dash back together, ended up with the same light issue. Can anyone tell me what the fix is?

Quick Reply: taillight fuse