2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

turbo question

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 12:11 AM
TexasNative
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: turbo question

look at a company out of Florida called KRC performance, thay have ALL sorts of sick stuff for dakotas.

Old 07-26-2005, 06:31 PM
GeeWillikers
Rookie

IMO turbo kits for pickups are relatively reliable, fairly easy to build up, and they produce cheap, measurable HP and TQ increases. Of course it depends on what you're starting with and what the internals of the motor and drivetrain can safely handle.

Here's a street legal Silverado running 10s.

See for yourself...

Old 07-26-2005, 09:08 PM
DAK4X4

get a DAK close to an SRT-10....thats a task in itself...500hp engine their in teh srt-10 cheif...I think you'd be better off just super charging it.

Old 07-27-2005, 01:48 AM
TexasNative
Professional

u can do it as long as you have the money

Old 07-29-2005, 12:16 PM
Megashifter
Professional

I'm seein' all kinds of anecdotal bum dope here on turbo 5.9's. Forget it! It's been tried... (at great expense). There may be some full tilt race trucks or show queens that have put this together... but nuthin' for the street. Paxton Novi is the 'best' practical SC unit available. The KB's run hot and we all know (or should) what hot air does to these engines performance. You don't just add boost to these engines ***** nilly. Then there's fuel management and ignition to consider when going farther. What have you done to your engine so far? There's many other ways to make power N/A w/o shellin' out $4 grand for an SC.

Old 07-29-2005, 09:15 PM
TexasNative
Professional

Ok Mods to date are Airaid short ram, Poweraid TB spacer, Superchips Power programmer, JBA headers, Single in single out cat back 40 series. New dyno run to follow soon. One of the guys I really trust on here says I need to upgrade my suspension and braking before I go worrying about a supercharger. Anyways If I ever get the nod to go out there on det u had better bet my truck will freakin fly when I come home.

Quick Reply: turbo question