2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Looking for a missing vacuum component.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 04:23 AM
druiddevil
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a missing vacuum component.

I have been having a lot of problems rebuilding a 1998 dodge dakota sport. Any way did some compression checks and the heads were cracked on each side, but nothing that would have made it do what it was doing before I stripped down the motor. This is coming from the thread I cant drive 35 in my 98 Sport; where I could not get the engine to tach over 2000 rpm and go over 25 mph or whatever. There is something that is bothering me though. After I took apart the motor, I noticed a plastic nipple of sorts on the passenger side of the truck up against the uppermost part of the firewall that has nothing connected to it. I had it hook up to a computer and from the reading I had there were some manifold leakage and some vacuum pressures off. The way the truck was running seemed to me that there was something not right with the fuel to air ratio and was causing it to stall so to speak. Anyway, can anyone with a 1997 to 1999 5.2L 318 post me some under the hood picks of their engines? I want to see what part it is I think I am missing or if I am just crazy. I would like to see the engine as a whole and if possible pics of the passenger side up against the firewall just around where the head would be. Thanks

Old 11-26-2011, 09:26 AM
huseman808
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres a couple of engine shots from my last dakota. I think the line you may be taling about goes to the cruise control. These are the best pics I have maybe it will help.
IMG_1865.jpg

Quick Reply: Looking for a missing vacuum component.