2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

I just purchased a Cervinis front bumper. ... pics**

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 07:55 PM
Spear_em
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I just purchased a Cervinis front bumper. ... pics**

ORIGINAL: InspiredCreations5.9

ORIGINAL: Spear_em

Megasphincter said:
"Some of us are into customizing.... YES... actually ALTERING the design of our vehicles from the stock configuration."

Yeah, but CUSTOMIZING is to do something different than, to make it yours. Its not yours; its someone elses idea My biggest beef is; you are doing the same thing that everyone else is doing; with the same parts. Which if you think about it; really isnt customizing. Because all you're doing is making your truck look like Joe Blow's who has the same damn kit peices. Oh you may have minor differences, but its the same concept...Its not original!

I got a simple question. What if Dodge made those bumpers stock? Would you change it? Yes you would, and why would you change it? Because stock is boring and uncool! Well to me since so many trucks have that same bumper it isnt cool anymore, its boring. Its unoriginal and its been done to death.

After seeing that one line; I knew right there you didnt get it. I didnt even read the rest of your jibberish, because it would be a waste of time! Now I hope you get it...You must be a slow learner!

......DAMN WHAT DID I START??? hahahha

SO basically you aint cool unless you keep stock bumpers....but wait....... everyone who buys a dakota will have stock bumpers on. Hence making it even more uncool because then theres yet another person with the same looking truck. Atleast when we change it like some of us do that makes it a little bit more unique.

How many times have you seriously been driving around and seen more than one dakota with a cervinis bumper on it??? Without being at a car show or something along that line. The reason you see "soooooo many Dakota with the same damn bumper" is cuz your spending too much time on the internet, reading post about the damn bumper. If you dont like them dont read the posts or look at the pictures.

l8a

No what I am saying is; what I have seen so far on this forum and on the street is when someone "customizes " their Dakota or anyother truck is this same damn rice bumper. Is that the only "customized" bumper available or what? And since thats all I've been seeing; its not customizing!

Old 08-10-2005, 09:25 PM
reconstrucktion
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

polyurethane thats what my body kits made of a day in the sunlight forms it again. it has memory cells (kinda)

Old 08-12-2005, 09:01 PM
yak600

ya could care less what other people think. they dont own my truck. i do have a sniper front bumper on my truck and painted. haven't seen another one round here yet. ill post a pic soon.

Old 09-12-2005, 03:17 PM
InspiredCreations5.9
Professional

This bumper is now for sale.... im gonna be trading in my truck soon and i have no need for this bumper.

heres the link to my add... https://dodgeforum.com/m_292132/tm.htm

Old 09-12-2005, 04:35 PM
LostSoul
Rookie

Got to love guys like Spear, you web Warriors **** me off. Who made you the Internet Dakota cop of this site to say who can mod what on their truck, grow up or Shut UP!

Old 03-11-2007, 03:38 AM
boohoops
Professional

i thot u could only "rice" imports considering that theyr the only cars called "rice rockets". otherwise its called customization. and if u think adding a wing is "rice", howcome dragsters,supercars, and saltflat racers use em? oh thats right, they help with downforce on the rear end of the car. also, a front spoiler isnt "rice", u gotta get a complete bodykit, stupid *** stcikers that magically add hp, and an exhaust system that sounds like u have a 2-stroke engine.th guys i kno that have "ricers" all sed that u gotta hav an import to have a "ricer". so, in lame mans terms, quit ur b*tchin guys

Old 03-11-2007, 04:15 AM
4x4kota
Veteran

I guess that spear_em would look down on me too beacuse I have a bullbar.... and a lot of guys have them. And i just put on 31x10.5x15 tires.... and a lot of guys have them..... and i want to slap on a flowmaster 40.... but a lot of guys have them too. I guess im not original enough but i could care less! I'm doin these mods cause I love my truck and i want it to look and sound good. Btw, I like the bumper, is it my style?... not exactly, but I'm building up a 4x4 truck not a fast as hell r/t. Stuck to your guns bud, it's just too bad your selling it, i would have loved to see it finished!

Old 03-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Megashifter
Professional

I would have liked to have seen it finished as well. Too bad there's people like Spear around to deride creativity. Dunno if he's still trollin' this forum,,, 'Haven't been here for awhile.

Old 03-11-2007, 04:38 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wholy old post batman

but I would have loved to see it finished too.

Quick Reply: I just purchased a Cervinis front bumper. ... pics**