2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Third time!!! Unbelievable!

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012 | 03:30 PM
DakCC4x4
Veteran

Stock bumpers are crap. Build something that will make them lose some sheet metal when they back into it.

Old 02-29-2012 | 06:15 PM
dirtbiker
|
Captain

Originally Posted by UWAdventurer
Put a bull bar on it to save the bumper.
Yeah, I'm actually in the process of making mounts for a brush guard I bought in December. It's a little late now, but at least it will help prevent further damage in case anyone wants to back into me. Aside from that, bull bars and brush guards are basically cosmetic; I think they actually cause more damage in the event of an accident.

Originally Posted by DakCC4x4
Stock bumpers are crap. Build something that will make them lose some sheet metal when they back into it.
Tell me about it... If I knew this were going to happen, I would have just put a big ole railroad tie on the front of it instead of replacing the plastic.

Old 03-01-2012 | 09:06 AM
DakCC4x4
Veteran

I built a winch carrier/ brushguard and i mounted it directly to the frame. Normal brushguards are pretty much cosmetic like you said. Very light protection.

Old 03-01-2012 | 07:19 PM
dirtbiker
|
Captain

Sounds nice... I think I remember reading about it on here, if that was you who made a thread about it. If I recall, it looked real nice. I considered doing something like that, but I don't really have the time for it right now. Brush guards only really do what their title implies: Keeps brush from scraping along the front

Quick Reply: Third time!!! Unbelievable!