2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Help, 01 dakota quad buying

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 08:21 PM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just take your time and make sure you check over it real well before you decide anything on it. It took me 3 months to find my cummins. I looked at about 50 trucks before I found mine. The 6 speeds in excellent condition are very rare but I finally found one.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:05 PM
dirtbiker
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tehzohan44
nice, so you live by lake villa or what? and ya its so hard to wait, now im anxious that i wont find one good enough compared to that one but im sure i will. patience is so hard!!!!!
Yeah, I actually live in Lake Villa. I'm surprised you've heard of it, I usually just tell people I'm from Chicago, even though it's like an hour away lol. And yeah, I know the feeling but you'll find something and once you do it'll be real rewarding and you'll know it's right.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:29 PM
KatyA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And then sometimes you jump on the one you waited for and it seems right and all is awesome...for 3 months. Lol. I have bought my truck twice over by now.

Built a brand new motor from an '01 up for my '00 after it ate pistons 1 and 2 by sucking them through the crank a year after I bought it, replaced all the front end except for the hood cuz of rust, and am waiting for it to warm up enough consistantly to take the box off and put a new bed floor in it. Lol.

BUT, if you like the truck, its always worth it

Quick Reply: Help, 01 dakota quad buying