2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2.5 Shorty Header Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 01:22 PM
00daksport25
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

98DAKAZ, thanks.

Yea, the injectors are my next project, I just couldn't justify spending that much money at one time.

No, I just cleaned it really well, it had all kinds of grime and gunk in it. However, when I was putting my 4.0 tb back on I noticed that the manifold bore was smaller that the tb. So, when I do my injectors I will probably bore out the manifold as well to match the tb. I'm sure that will open her up a bit more.

The header actually came with its own gasket so, I just used that.

This is the site I ordered mine from. They had the best price I could find: http://stores.jdautoandtruck.com/-st...aust+Manifolds

Yea, A/C's can do that, glad I got rid of mine, then again I don't live in AZ.

Speaking of senors, I relocated my IAT from the manifold to my CAI tubing. It made a differnce in throttle response, but my mpg took a hard hit. I used to get about 17-20, now I get 15-18.

Old 04-16-2012, 06:29 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Talking I noticed that

I noticed that also about the 4.0 throttle body and manifold being off I just stuffed my manifold with rags and took a rasp file to it and widened it up to match the throttle body it worked great but some of the filings still got down the manifold but I haven’t noticed any Ill effects from it I think the aluminum just burned up and out the exhaust it’s been 6 months and haven’t noticed anything so I think I’m safe.

What can I say **** happens and I got away with it ( I Hope)

Old 04-16-2012, 07:27 PM
00daksport25
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, I might actually pull it off and do it with a sanding wheel. With my luck I would probably screw up my valves lol.

Quick Reply: 2.5 Shorty Header Install