2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Lift Kit options

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 07:29 PM
digidoggie18
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift Kit options

I just registered and wil be using this site more as I just got an 02 dakota. I have tons of questions as I am not that experienced with them. For now I will go one at a time. I cannot seem to find any lift kits for an 02 dakota. I am guessing because of the rack and pinion steering. However I found one on autowarehouse parts . It's a rough Country 668NS lift kit that lifts 4 inches. However for the Fit it says Universal. Will I be able to use this kit as I am trying to put bigger tires on my truck. I called rough country and they said that they have no kits for this year. What would I have to modify to use this kit. Secondly I see tons of Airbag lifts for my year. However I am kinda not wanting to use them as I am going to be doing a lot of offroading. Would the air bag lifts suffice?

Old 05-03-2012, 02:50 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I will move this to the 2nd Generation Dakota Sub-forum. Check the FAQ in that section for lift kits.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:15 AM
McNasy
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to the forum. you will find alot of useful topics on here and very knowledgable folks as well. i will assume you have a 4x4? you will not find a lot of lift options for these trucks due to the torsion bar set up. im sure someone will chime in if you cannot find your answers in the faq section.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:25 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There isnt a lot of lifts out there for the dakota if they are they are 1,500+ range for them. You have 2 options first easy one is torsion bar crank and body lift so you can fit bigger tires. Second is way harder but will cost you about the same as a lift if you or a buddy could help you fab up some stuff. Its the straight axle swap. Once done you can pretty much do any lift you want for the 1/4 of the cost of a torsion bar lift.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:34 AM
DakCC4x4
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out the Dodge section on pirate4x4.com for some Dakota solid axle swap ideas if you decide to go that route.

Quick Reply: Lift Kit options