2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

08+ 4.7L Intake Manifold finally installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012 | 06:40 PM
bpark8824
Champion

I still have mine sitting in my parent's garage (used to be Thunder's). Unfortunately since I moved I have no where to work on my truck (I hate apartment living). Someday I'll have to make a trip home to my parent's and do it...

Old 07-12-2012 | 08:55 PM
JCFKota
|

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Good deal. I almost bought one when I rebuilt the 4.7 in my Grand Cherokee ('02 HO) but with the adapter it's too tall to clear the hood. The '02 HO intake WAS the cream of the crop before the '08+ one came out because of it's short runners. This was changed for the '03+ HOs and I dunno why, but the '02 HO intake ain't to be found so I had to flush the sh*t out of mine from all the debris got sucked up into it when the valve seat let loose...
That sucks, the '02 HO intake is indeed rare. Wouldn't give that up lol.

Originally Posted by thunder98110
i painted mine the same color. Loved how it pulled after 3k.
Yeah, its strong in the higher rpm's.

Originally Posted by bpark8824
I still have mine sitting in my parent's garage (used to be Thunder's). Unfortunately since I moved I have no where to work on my truck (I hate apartment living). Someday I'll have to make a trip home to my parent's and do it...
Do it, too it! The install isn't hard at all.

Old 07-13-2012 | 12:08 AM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker

Just sitting here looking at your sig pic. Isn't it amazing what a little time, money and TLC can do to change a plain Jane looking truck into a totally BAD *** looking truck! You've done good Corey!!

Last edited by bwdakrt; 07-13-2012 at 12:16 AM.
Old 07-13-2012 | 01:00 AM
JCFKota
|

Originally Posted by bwdakrt
Just sitting here looking at your sig pic. Isn't it amazing what a little time, money and TLC can do to change a plain Jane looking truck into a totally BAD *** looking truck! You've done good Corey!!
Thank ya, sir! You set it off to a good start, still loving these wheels. Nice enough I've had people try to talk me out of them.

I feel like with a bed cover and getting the stillen cover in the barn fixed and painted, I'll be satisfied with the outside. After a few dings from the previous owner are fixed of course. Once money and priorities allow...

Old 07-13-2012 | 01:27 AM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by JCFKota
Thank ya, sir! You set it off to a good start, still loving these wheels. Nice enough I've had people try to talk me out of them.

I feel like with a bed cover and getting the stillen cover in the barn fixed and painted, I'll be satisfied with the outside. After a few dings from the previous owner are fixed of course. Once money and priorities allow...
Don't you just love it when a plan comes together!

Satisfied? Now you know you'll have to get yourself and cowl hood and color match the handles and roof strips don't you?

Old 07-13-2012 | 04:56 PM
Cymaxx

I'm curious, will putting the stock throttle body back on show the type of improvement you guys are talking about or does that need to be changed out too (larger)? If I could pull this off for a few hundred, then follow up with an SCT tuner that might be enough to make me happy for a while anyway

Old 07-14-2012 | 05:51 PM
JCFKota
|

Originally Posted by bwdakrt
Don't you just love it when a plan comes together!

Satisfied? Now you know you'll have to get yourself and cowl hood and color match the handles and roof strips don't you?
Got me again lol...That'll get done eventually. Hoping to move in November, if I can find a better job to support the rent. This means I gotta cut back on mods...

Originally Posted by Cymaxx
I'm curious, will putting the stock throttle body back on show the type of improvement you guys are talking about or does that need to be changed out too (larger)? If I could pull this off for a few hundred, then follow up with an SCT tuner that might be enough to make me happy for a while anyway
I'm running a stock 68mm ported/polished throttle body on mine. I hear its even better with a 70mm. Eventually I want to get SCT, but with the few mods I do have its hard to justify.

Old 07-15-2012 | 07:56 PM
thunder98110
Champion

sct tune is a must with a 08mani

Old 07-31-2012 | 02:16 PM
JCFKota
|

Originally Posted by thunder98110
sct tune is a must with a 08mani
Starting to get that idea...Think its running too lean during WOT.

Quick Reply: 08+ 4.7L Intake Manifold finally installed