2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Craigslist brushguard post, Can some one tell me if its actually for my dakota?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 02:28 AM
rwilhelms
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Craigslist brushguard post, Can some one tell me if its actually for my dakota?

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/3150621689.html

I hate when people post stuff on craigslist and don't know what their selling? This guy says for a Dakota or similar vehicle. Well I'm sure all brush guards between dodge, chevy, ford and model years are all going to mount differently so can anyone tell from the picture in the link if this brush guard will actually fit my truck?

Old 07-22-2012, 03:48 PM
Xxaler
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's for a Dakota or Durango.

Curved light guards were the first indicator, second is the lower mounting bracket curves upwards. Comes with full hardware? You lucky dog. Usually never get all the bolts and brackets.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:56 AM
rwilhelms
Veteran

I did some research and it looks like a waag brand. And thanks for the conformation Id hate to drop $125 and then it doesnt fit

Old 07-23-2012, 09:06 AM
rwilhelms
Veteran

And apparently I waited a day to long to contact the guy cause the postings been deleted damn.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:05 AM
McNasy
Veteran

i was up in your hood yesterday, at laksideside park. i had my laptop with me but could not get internet. i was gunna look at the brushguard for you, i could have picked it up for you. i go through lomira on my way up. "day late and a dollar short"

Old 07-23-2012, 12:28 PM
rwilhelms
Veteran

Yeah I work in Lomira so picking it up wouldnt of been any problem. And did you have fun at lakeside with all the geese and seagulls

Old 07-23-2012, 01:13 PM
McNasy
Veteran

it was a good time. my wifes aunt was in town from jersey(she has friends in FDL). we have never met her, so it was kinda cool. we were near the train and merry-go-round, so not alot of bird crap goin on. my buddy used to have a slip for his boat there for a while, so ive been there before. let me guess.....u work at quad?

Old 07-24-2012, 08:16 AM
rwilhelms
Veteran

Nope just down the road the opposite direction at kondex. I will never step foot in quad after all the horror stories I've heard about the place. Im a cnc setup and operator at kondex and Im loving it. Its a great place to work.

Quick Reply: Craigslist brushguard post, Can some one tell me if its actually for my dakota?