2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

engine stuttering

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 09:09 PM
jondakotaguy
Record Breaker
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

BTW.. I have on my downstream a BOSCH Part # 13280 - Guess what.. it does not read.. It says Status OK and passes emissions but when my cat blew out from a no fire condition.. it never triggered a CEL.. ROFL.. BUT im not going to replace it.. incase i want to gut the cat.. ROFL.]

According to Rock auto:
NTK Part # 23099
Downstream; 2; NTK is the OE Mfg
$36.79Add Part (This part number is for my 97' 5.2L

Last edited by jondakotaguy; 09-05-2012 at 09:12 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Dakotaquad
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lucked out on that one man . well i will pick up 2 of them and change them this coming weekend and let u guys know if it changes anything.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Dakotaquad
Veteran

ok well i have a minor issue i finally got my 2 upstream o2 sensors and as i go to take the driver side of the dam connector plug on the wiring mount came off. thats not the worst part i go to look at the passager side and as i was disconecting it from the bracket that holds it next to the transmission that connector came out also. know i have no clue what wire does what. my question is would anyone know what each wire does what so i can try to put the connector back on

Old 09-11-2012, 06:03 PM
mmguy18
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had somewhat of similar problem. If I let of gas sometimes the RPM would like it was going to stall and mash on the gas pedal it would pick it up. And going up a long grade it hesitate. Change my MAP sensor and fix it.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:57 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Well I think you found some of your problem if those came off so easy wires were toast bad connections

You Dakota owners that live in the Rust belt I dont see how any auto lives past 8 years. YIKES

Old 09-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Dakotaquad
Veteran

i like to think that i take good care of my truck seeing as how it is 01 and still going. now to find a wiring diagram for this.

Old 09-27-2012, 05:14 PM
Dakotaquad
Veteran

well i finally got a chance to change my 2 front O2 sensors. i found out that the guys who made my y pipe put the old ones back in but one of them the outer casing was broken and the other the wire was melting. i have no clue if that is what was causing the stutter but so far for the past 2 days the truck has been idealing better and i havent had any stuttering so i think its fix.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:57 AM
Custer
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dakotaquad
...as i was disconecting it from the bracket that holds it next to the transmission that connector came out also. know i have no clue what wire does what. my question is would anyone know what each wire does what so i can try to put the connector back on
Most of the time a 2 wire plug just makes a loop in the current...3 or more is a different story.

Tip - When working with automotive wires they tend to be brittle from years of weather, engine heat and not to mention the clips can be a B****! I always use Sharpies (silver for dark wires) to mark a couple of the wires. Then mark the plug that wire goes into...Now if your wires pull out of the plug you can repair them accordingly.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Dakotaquad
Veteran

well i had found a wiring guide on the dakota service manual. which took a bit to figure out the colors but i got it and its working now :P

Quick Reply: engine stuttering