2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

97 Dodge Dakota Manual to power Windows?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 06:57 PM
enhive
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Dodge Dakota Manual to power Windows?

Would this be too challenging & expensive?

I already installed actuators so my doors are power through a remote.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:04 PM
00DakDan
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

It shouldn't be to bad. Just get yourself some power window regulators. The wiring is fairly basic.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:13 PM
01SilverCC
Record Breaker
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

There are several manufacturers of aftermarket power window kits. A brand called SPAL is about the best one there is, it is pretty easy to do and the SPAL parts are very reliable. Their kits include most of what is needed, except for switches. This is their 2-door kit, it costs about $100.00 and will do a pair of windows:

http://www.spalusa.com/store/main.as...&item=33000031

You have to buy the switches separately, because there are a lot of different switch types available. I like this one because the switches look good and are illuminated, and it has a two-switch pod for the driver's door and a single switch for the passenger's door, plus it includes all of the wiring:

http://www.spalusa.com/store/main.as...&item=33040128

SPAL is best if you go aftermarket. If you install them right they are pretty much trouble-free. I have no idea about trying to use OEM Dodge window parts. I would think that aftermarket would be a lot easier and less expensive too. If you installed your own door lock actuators or door opening actuators you should have no trouble installing power windows. If your keyless entry or other unit that is operating the door locks has a second and/or third channel output you could even wire in modules to control the windows from your remote. Directed Electronics (DEI) makes several window modules that will interface and some even add the auto-motion feature where you just tap the switch once in either direction and it will go all the way up or all the way down. If you go that far with it you can check out www.directed.com for more info on their window modules.

Jimmy

Quick Reply: 97 Dodge Dakota Manual to power Windows?