2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

bed liner - duplicolor bed armor?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 12:23 AM
GreenDak22
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bed liner - duplicolor bed armor?

I'd like to line my truck's bed sometime within the next month, and was thinking about DupliColor's Bed Armor. Aside from the cool name, I've read both positive and negative reviews about the product. However, normally whenever I read a negative review about a painting-type of product, I typically assume the person didn't invest in the proper preparation prior to applying the actual product so I don't pay them too much mind.
Being said, I've always had good results with DupliColor's products and would like to continue using their products.

My truck gets used like a truck...hauling firewood, taking out scrap metal, dump runs, and friends who beg me to 'help' them move just so they can use my truck instead of renting one. What I'm saying is that the bed gets worked, so I want something that will last and provide enough grip so things won't slide around and crack my rear window

Has anyone used this particular product, Pros/Cons, ease of application, texture and finish, etc? I'm just looking for some personal input

Old 01-08-2013, 02:02 AM
dodgeramguy85
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Saw it done once and it didnt look that great. I have a few friends that did herculiner and I think it looks better. Personally if you abuse your bed a lot your better off going a line x or rhino liner. They offer lifetime warranty for the life of the vehicle. I have rhino liner in my bed and its indestructible. Takes all my abuse.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:07 AM
bluebeastr/t
Amateur

I would not to that it fades and then it looks bad

Old 01-08-2013, 08:34 AM
Bluedogcards
Rookie

Have not heard anything about DupliColor's Bed Armor, have heard good things about Rhino, have also heard to get it done don;t use the kits you can buy, might be a little more but you won't have to deal with the headaches on getting the prep work done right.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:48 AM
GreenDak22
Professional

I know RhinoLiner is great, but I prefer to do work myself...I know that involves some risks like goofing it up then having a deal with the imperfections, but that only adds character and get the satisfaction of doing it.
But I was really hoping to hear some better things about this stuff. Oh well, I guess I'll look into Hurculiner and other brands.

If any one else has decent pics of what they have, can you upload them?

Old 01-08-2013, 11:53 AM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Rhino will fade but it still looks good by me it started black now it’s more of a gray I wish I had picked the red color unless it faded to pink and red usually fades to pink on most things.

But anything will look abused after a number of years it doesn’t bother me any

If I used some armor all on it it will look fine but the armor all will make it kind of slippery so I stopped

Quick Reply: bed liner - duplicolor bed armor?