2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Funny noise from front end

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 02:02 PM
5hundo
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bluekoda
True, I mean I honestly have no idea WHAT it is, so I'm just gonna drive it to the dealership & let them play with it. May be a stupid question but I'm pretty sure I have a "power train" warranty? Or extended warranty. Any thoughts as to if anyone thinks that may be covered? A bad bearing? Cause I mean I had slammed my door and the window fell out the tracks & that was covered so I don't see why this wouldn't?
A "powertrain" warranty is just engine, transmission, drive line, and axles. Just a guess, but I don't think bearings would be covered. It's a wearing part...

Old 02-16-2013, 11:50 PM
bluekoda
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 5hundo
A "powertrain" warranty is just engine, transmission, drive line, and axles. Just a guess, but I don't think bearings would be covered. It's a wearing part...
I found out what it is guys, it was like said bad wheel baring and they said there was a massive amount of play in the ball joint. I found out I have a regular standard 26,000 mile warranty. Not just power train. But the warranty company is closed on weekends. Hopefully Monday I should know if it was covered

Quick Reply: Funny noise from front end