2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Sony sucks

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 08:38 PM
varsis
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my pioneer stuff. Always hear good stuff from them. Im putting in some pioneers soon in my truck have them with a set of tweeters too. Hopefully get them installed soon. Than I need some new rear speakers.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:51 AM
alleymad99SLT
Professional

Originally Posted by varsis
Than I need some new rear speakers.
I have Boston speakers. They are, quite simply, the best sounding automotive speakers I have ever heard. Of course, I don't expect them to pump out tons of bass, but they definitely are adequate on the low end. The high frequencies are impeccable. I got them for $100 a pair or so.

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_400/All...ston+Acoustics

Old 04-03-2010, 01:31 AM
Independentfool
Veteran

I have to concur that all Sony automotive products are garbage, right there with Lanzar and Pyle.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:29 PM
JUnit

I hate the beeping the head unit makes when you turn off your vehicle, I know you can shut it off but it's stupid to begin with

Old 05-17-2010, 02:45 AM
mudkicker78
Professional

WOW blast from the past and I STILL HATE SONY! Since this post I have traded up to a Ram Although only a 3.7, still more roomy and comfy. I had a Earthquake groundpunder 500 watt mono amp with a pioneer 10" low profile sub running in a custom enclosure that sat behind the seat. A pretty slamming Jenson 4 channel amp running 100 watts a channel tied into Polk Audio 6 inch componants in the doors and moved up the speakers in the rear to about 2 feet off the floor and reduced in size to 4". Those speakers were Infinities purchased from BestBuy and it all ran off a Mcintosh head. I won 3 bass competitions with that system.

Old 05-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Jdb107
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What was the RMS of both the amp and sub & the speaker?? If you matched a 1000 watt rms amp with a 500 watt rms sub, of course its going to fk it up.
How many ohms were the speakers/subs? What gauge wire were you using to the speakers/sub? Where did you ground the power source?

Tell your friend to go ebay shopping too, $600 for a sub is wayy to much. You can get 2 12" alpine type x's for less than that, and thats louder than youll ever want.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:44 PM
mudkicker78
Professional
Thumbs up

oh god if you look at the date on the post it was about 4 or 5 years ago, He is an idiot and I remember telling him the sound isnt clean, they were top of the line jl's if i remember and a xploid 1200 watt amp bridged mono.He could never figure out the turn the stereo up to 3/4 volume, turn the amp down and raise it till he just heard a tiny bit of distortion. But when I did this upon set up, I noticed the amp got to this level very very early, just a schoche under 1/2 volume. He blew 3 sets of subs up before buying my ground pounder. He is louder (500 watts class a amp) and sounds smoother, and is only running a cheap pair of rather nice sounding pioneer subs with it, been running that now for 3 years. Id like to say the 100 dollar Monster install kit was a rather nice kit and well the ground dont matter as long as the 8 guage wire we used is grounded, remembering to not make the ground wire to long, I drilled a hole in the floor and we bolted the ground to clean stean on the frame about 16" away. Me on the other hand. wanted my sound, but don't need ear killing power. So I went with Crunch USA with a 5 channel amp, 700 watts, plenty for me, but im in my 30's now and can see this being the last stereo, The McIntosh deck went with my Dak to the dealer, new head is an IPOD unit by JVC and I kept the Polk audio speakers wich are now in the back of the Ram, and bought the cheaper Pioneer 6x9's for the doors. Nothing special but I still thump

Quick Reply: Sony sucks