2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

No power windows

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 04:08 PM
NorDakota
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power windows

2000 Quad Cab. The power window/lock switch in the driver's door does not work at all. None of the other door switches work either, except for the power lock switch on the passenger door. Is it something as easy as replacing the switch in the driver's door, or do I have to start chasing wires? Previous to this problem, everything worked as it should.

Old 02-05-2014, 04:39 PM
00DakDan
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

The power windows and door locks are separate systems. All the windows are fed from the drivers door, it's the master.

There is no fuse, it's protected by a circuit breaker in the junction box under the dash.

Odds are that the switch has failed, it's common. You can check for power to the switch. Pin #4, the tan wire, should be hot, it's the feed. Pin #7, yellow, should also be hot, it feeds the other doors. Also, check the ground, Pin #5, black. The ground itself is to the dash, just above where it pivots on the drivers side. There is also a jumper that connects to the truck body. Make sure they're intact.

Old 02-05-2014, 09:42 PM
Tom A
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I just fixed a similar problem on a Durango a couple of weeks ago. It turned out the connector had come loose from the switch cluster inside the driver's door. I plugged it back in and it was good as new.

Old 02-05-2014, 09:57 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 169 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A
I just fixed a similar problem on a Durango a couple of weeks ago. It turned out the connector had come loose from the switch cluster inside the driver's door. I plugged it back in and it was good as new.
Mine is broken. It seats, but it can seat better.

Check that first.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:38 AM
NorDakota
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I will pull off the door panel & check it out this weekend.

Quick Reply: No power windows