2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

in need of some help please

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 10:43 PM
keithlars
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default in need of some help please

i'm the original owner of this 2000 dakota 4.7 4x4 qaud cab. the problem is it started stalling at idle or slowing down for a stop. P0108 code came up so i tested the MAP sensor. the feed wire was getting 5v the ground tested good and the signal wire tested good. in do own a vacuum pump the voltage droped from 4.7V to 1.2V as i pulled vacuum. i cleaned the port and the O-ring looked good so i put it back together. there was some improvement but it continues to stall. i have checked for vacuum leaks. anyone have ideas. thanks in advance. help!

Old 02-11-2015, 10:51 PM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 376 Likes on 338 Posts

Clean your IAC valve and replace the TPS. Or replace both.

Can't remember where I saw this but... the TPS is a sealed unit. Someone drilled holes in it, shot electric contact cleaner in and shook it around, allowed it to dry, then sealed up the holes with gasket maker. It worked for them.

Last edited by Dodgevity; 02-11-2015 at 11:00 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:50 PM
Monsterdakata

Test the TPS with an analog voltage meter as you throttle up the needle on the voltage meter should move up with it smoothly if it spikes up or down dramatically the TPS is bad.

Old 02-12-2015, 06:28 PM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 376 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by Monsterdakata
Test the TPS with an analog voltage meter as you throttle up the needle on the voltage meter should move up with it smoothly if it spikes up or down dramatically the TPS is bad.
When I tested mine, it tested fine but the problems I was having disappeared immediately after replacing it. Truck idles nice and steady now too.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:19 PM
keithlars

thank you guys i will clean and test both the IAC & TPS when I get an opportunity and I will let you know how it works out. again Thank You!

Old 02-18-2015, 10:47 PM
keithlars

well i cleaned the IAC checked the TPS. they seemed to be working as they should and the truck would still stall so i went ahead and ordered a MAP sensor installed two days ago and she has been running like a champ. i'll keep my fingers crossed