2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2000 Dakota Hard Brake Lines

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 07:27 PM
tbugden
All Star
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Katmandu
What is SUR&R ?
They make Nickel Copper brake lines, fittings, and the like. I completely relined my dad's Chevy with their lines, then did my Dak. VERY easy to work with; you can make most bends by hand, but for some tight <90 degree bends it helps to have a bender to make it look professional. I have a cheap flaring tool that works fantastic.

They're just easy to form, easy to flare, and cannot rust. I'll recommend them to anyone. I do understand the attraction of stainless but I'll never use anything but nickel-copper for brake lines. At the time I relined my Dak I didn't know if the nickel-copper was suitable for fuel lines so I used steel.. JEGS and others advertise their NiCOpp lines for fuel use, but SUR&R doesn't advertise their lines for fuel use...anyways I digress.
https://www.amazon.com/S-U-R-R-Auto-.../dp/B0015DU8O4

disclaimer...I do not work for SUR&R...just putting out my opinion on what I believe to be a great product. Other companies make the NiCopp lines some of which are probably exactly the same but I've only used them.

Quick Reply: 2000 Dakota Hard Brake Lines