2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

injectors

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 02:51 PM
meamjw
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry injectors

I have a 94 3.9 Magnum and want to install re-man injectors. I have a service manual for a 95 and it says the left and right rails are to be serviced as a unit. There is a rubber hose connecting the two rails but they say do not disconnect the hose and do not apply hose clamps. They also say remove the throttle body and the AC compressor and bunches of other things. I'm supposing they want a person to remove nearly all the top half of the engine to avoid removing a rubber hose. This makes no sense to me. What can be so bad about removing a rubber hose that it's worth two hours of extra work?

Old 10-08-2018, 04:26 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

The way the hose is sealed to the rails. If you take it off, that's it, you are done. You will never get it back on, and leak free. If you are just changing the injectors, just unbolt the rail, lift it enough to get the injectors out, and call it good. I don't *think* the rail actually goes underneath that front bracket, but, if it does, you will have to take it out of the way.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:08 PM
00t444e
Captain
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

On my 98 3.9 all I had to do was take the intake off, unbolt a bracket from the throttle body, unhook the supply line and unbolt both fuel rails and they came right out with the rails connected.

Old 10-09-2018, 07:38 AM
meamjw
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to Hey You and oot44e. You are right that the left side rail does not go under the AC bracket; another reason I thought the instructions in my manual were bogus. It had not occurred to me that the injectors could be changed without getting the rails all the way out. Your advice will save me lots of hassle.

Quick Reply: injectors