SKF BR930361 Hub/Bearing assembly installation log. - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Dakota > 2nd Gen Dakota Tech
Reload this Page >

SKF BR930361 Hub/Bearing assembly installation log.

2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

SKF BR930361 Hub/Bearing assembly installation log.

Old 11-29-2018, 05:01 PM
XSubaruJeepDude
Rookie
Default SKF BR930361 Hub/Bearing assembly installation log.

SKF BR930361 Hub/Bearing assembly installation log. Bare with me as this may take a week or so to get around to completion.
So i ordered a set of SKF hub/bearing assemblies from Summit Racing. Not the cheapest of choices but i have had good success with Summit.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/skf-br930361

They arrived today quietly and unseen amidst the anarchy of a Lowes dishwasher delivery complete with miscommunication by the delivery person not knowing anything about "installing" the dishwasher.
But anyway i digress. On to the unboxing.

It's important to note that the SKF BR9320361 kit DOES NOT come with the spindle bearing retaining nut.

Its apparent the Hub casting itself is made in the USA, not that thats good or bad necessarily, but its nice to know some people still have their jobs here in the US.

The bearing itself seems to be made by NTN out of Japan. I prefer the Japanese bearing over Chinese or Taiwanese bearings simply due to the fact that Japanese companies on average seem to take great pride in precision. HOWEVER that being said, i am somewhat discouraged that the outer wiper on the bearing seal is not contacting very well on the inner race. Although im sure the inner seal wiper is.

Anyway. more photos and updates next week... Stay tuned

Last edited by XSubaruJeepDude; 11-29-2018 at 07:38 PM.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:53 AM
XSubaruJeepDude
Rookie

Apparently made of white gold or some other expensive rare soft metal. or possibly tinfoil

Old 12-04-2018, 05:33 AM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Talking

Yea funny you know the cheap one I purchased came with a new nut 4 years no problems.

Sometimes cheap works its just a hub with simple bearings but yea I know I usually buy the good stuff myself.

The key to success is torque it down very important over torquing will kill a hub ASAP many on this forum have made that mistake and needed to replace the hub in one year.

Last edited by 98DAKAZ; 12-04-2018 at 05:42 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:48 AM
Dodgevity
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 98DAKAZ View Post
Yea funny you know the cheap one I purchased came with a new nut 4 years no problems.

Sometimes cheap works its just a hub with simple bearings but yea I know I usually buy the good stuff myself.

The key to success is torque it down very important over torquing will kill a hub ASAP many on this forum have made that mistake and needed to replace the hub in one year.
So true. Using a torque wrench is important for these. Torque was 185 ft-lb for the Timkens I installed a while back. Super easy job on a 2WD truck. https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...-bearings.html

Old 12-04-2018, 05:57 PM
XSubaruJeepDude
Rookie

Well, it's official... i'm no longer saving money doing it myself.

Oh Well, new tools are always nice.

Old 12-04-2018, 06:09 PM
XSubaruJeepDude
Rookie

Getting ready for the attack, nice flat surface to work on. Parking brake on?...Check!

Old 12-04-2018, 06:21 PM
XSubaruJeepDude
Rookie

One of the most surprisingly useful tools in the whole garage.

Old 12-04-2018, 06:23 PM
XSubaruJeepDude
Rookie

Butt Scooter in position ready to begin

Old 12-05-2018, 02:32 AM
XSubaruJeepDude
Rookie

Humm...wrong side??

Just checked the other side, it also seems fine. Its SO loud on the road though. guess its a weight related thing.

Last edited by XSubaruJeepDude; 12-05-2018 at 02:40 AM.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:26 AM
Dodgevity
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by XSubaruJeepDude View Post
Just checked the other side, it also seems fine. Its SO loud on the road though. guess its a weight related thing.
I went through the same deal. You won't be able to tell anything spinning wheels by hand. Brake assembly causes noise. Once you remove the hubs, you will see how dry they are. You could have rented the tools for free upon return. And I believe you need a 36mm socket, at least that's what worked on my 03, 2WD.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SKF BR930361 Hub/Bearing assembly installation log.

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: