2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

P0846 Code & Limp Mode

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 06:56 PM
savagedaughter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post P0846 Code & Limp Mode

I replaced the throttle sensor and oil pressure sensor on my 2003 Dodge Dakota. Truck is going in and out of limp mode and giving code of P0846. Read a ton of info on this and tried resetting the TCM several times. Finally after leaving both battery cables off the battery overnight and doing a reset before starting, truck came out of limp mode. Still getting P0700 followed by P0846 code. Truck is now going in and out of limp mode and is easily resetting.

I read in the forum boards the truck may run rough for first 50 miles while relearning the computer. Sometimes it will rev before coming out of a stop. Seperately it will make a clunk sound and go into Limp Mode. Is this normal while it relearns the computer?

I plan getting the transmission censor checked. I just got the oil changed and did a fuel system cleaning on the truck a few days ago. Before I pay $600 to replace a transmission censor should I get a transmission service done on it to see if that clears it up?

Code did clear overnight but its back now and wont clear.

Thanks

Last edited by savagedaughter; 03-10-2019 at 06:58 PM.

Quick Reply: P0846 Code & Limp Mode