2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

99 heater core again

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2020, 07:48 AM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 377 Likes on 338 Posts

The rapid tests (Antigen) results in more false positives or false negatives than the PCR tests, however, they have a huge advantage. Since you get the result on the spot, those are days you're not running around unaware whether you have covid or not. Also, a lot more people get them than the PCR tests and they are being improved. I've had two done in drive throughs after a family member in my household caught it. One upon finding out and one after they got over it. I was good both times.

Old 12-25-2020, 05:21 PM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
So, once the first gen is a driver again, yank the 3.9 out of the 2nd gen, and drop in a 5.9. Fairly straightforward swap.
the 1st gen one has never "not" been a driver..... except for about an hour while I fixed the bad splice under the underhood fuse box..... it's been my saving grace, while I fight this "whatever it is" that I got" that's making me not feel good...... but there are other reasons besides, that this 2nd gen truck has been less favorable than any of the 1st gen Dakotas I have had....... but I won't get into them here/ other than to say that we have an 01 Durango as well and part of the reason I bought this particular truck the last time we were needing a vehicle, I listened to the wife, as we split off and drive each other's vehicles now and then, and she "likes the looks of these" better than those of my 1st gens that I have had..... and don't understand that the 1st gens were "better built trucks" from a mechanical standpoint, because she don't maintain them, I do........ outward appearance alone don't make for a good dependable vehicle. I've had more issues with this 99 than my last 3, 1st gens combined....... this truck makes me miss my 93 318 club cab/ that I converted to a 5 speed/ that much more.
Today being Christmas, I'm not able to get out to the garage for "other reasons" than not feeling my best..... but this weekend I will be out there putting this albatross back together, now that I got that busted hinge pin fabricated and past that issue. But when I tore this thing apart on Thanksgiving morning, I never imagined I'd be sick starting a couple days after that/ and still not over it come Christmas Day..... nor that my truck would be down this long, just because of a damn heater core. (had I not caught this bug, it never would have been down this long)

Quick Reply: 99 heater core again