2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2002 Dakota Color Scheme Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2022, 07:49 PM
Henrykjr
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Dakota Color Scheme Question

Well today took the plunge on a 2002 Dodge Dakota SXT 4x4 with auto transmission regular cab and 110000 miles. I am having a mechanic look at if and basically estimate all the repairs it will take. Everything seems to function except I have an ABS light and a Evap COde. Car functions normally.

I am baffled by the color scheme of this truck......it is white from the factory. From what I read the rear bumper is black.......but them I see bumpers that are color matched to the car. Likewise the Grille on the car is painted black...is that correct or should it be white?

Any work I do on this car will be factory replacement parts only. The junkyard seems to have both options......black and white. Any idea?

The Vin # is 1B7GG16X32S653XXX.

Any help would be great!
HK

Old 02-23-2022, 08:56 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,267 Likes on 3,014 Posts

Need the last three numbers as well, to get a build sheet.

Does the truck have the sport package??

Old 02-23-2022, 09:34 AM
Henrykjr
Amateur

The entire Vin# 1B7GG16X32S653465

I am not 100% sure what options can paint schemes came on the truck and have really struck out so far in trying to find it on the internet.

There is conflicting information. It's a regular cab 4x4 2002 in white.... I think it comes up as an SXT but then I am seeing it only came with a 5spd manual.....and I have an automatic. Also the fender flares on the truck were added by the former owner......they did not have them originally.... so that makes me think its something else.

Also there are rubber mats instead of carpet. Lastly this truck appears to have been lifted.....torsion bars cranked up in the front and maybe 2" shackles in the back.....bit then again the shackles look somewhat stock.

Just trying to get my feet under me here.

HK

Old 02-23-2022, 10:07 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Graphite Metallic Front Fascia
Black/Graphite Met. Rear Bumper
Graphite Metallic Grille

Yep, that's stock.

You can get a build sheet from here. Tells you everything your truck came with from the Factory.

Old 02-23-2022, 10:50 AM
Henrykjr
Amateur

Thank you done and downloaded.

This is what I am currently dealing with and will start moving the vehicle to more of a stick look. Still gotta figure out how to delift this thing to keep the body roll down

HK

Old 02-23-2022, 08:44 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Wow, pretty nice. Post some pics of the front/rear suspension, maybe we can point out where the lift comes from. That looks like more than you could get with just a torsion bar crank though.

Old 02-23-2022, 09:23 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 161 Likes on 148 Posts

Need to shoot those center caps in black to match the wheels.

Agree it looks more than torsion bars. The rear bumper is lined up properly, so i don't think it's a body lift.

Old 02-23-2022, 09:55 PM
Henrykjr
Amateur

I will have this in the driveway tomorrow. When I looked under the truck it looked like there were 2" lift shackles on the ends of the leaf springs. Tomorrow I will look at the tire size and make sure that if I lower this to the factory height the tires will not rub. The seller did tell me the the guy he bought it from tightened the torsion to the max.

Gonna take 1 thing at a time though. As for the wheels it looks they are plasti dipped if I can remove it I will. My intent is really not to customize the vehicle but to make it practical to haul stuff around.

Yesterday I left the truck at Pep Boys just to go through it and make sure I didnt miss anything. Truck needs a wheel speed sensor and on vacuum fitting fixed that is all so I am happy. All in all $50 in parts.

HK

Quick Reply: 2002 Dakota Color Scheme Question