2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

electric seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 08:45 PM
TRIKDITOUT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electric seats

I have manual seats on my dakotaQC but found some leather, heated electric seats. how do you convert? is it hard? i would like to buy them but i dont want to get them and not be able to adjust them in my truck... please help!

Old 01-26-2006, 03:46 AM
kdh97602
Professional
Default RE: electric seats

if the person who you are getting them from is parting out the truck, just ask for the seat wireing harness, it should then be a matter of removing the carpet (which you should do any-way to get all the dirt out) and pluging in the harness and finding where the fuse/relay is on the fuse pannel/relay box. if its from e-bay, just ask, couldn't hurt. Also a hays or chilton manual would help to see exactlly where and how the wires for the power seats are ran.
good luck, keep us updated

Old 01-26-2006, 01:31 PM
cbsaint
Rookie

I know the seat position controls should be on the seat itself, but what about the heater switches? You may have to get those as well and find a place to install and wire them up. Just something else to look out for...

Old 01-26-2006, 07:25 PM
Marko
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 02 Quad Cab and have been researching this as well. Here is what I know. The factory electric option is only for the drivers seat. The passenger seat is still manual. I am sure you could rig something however the stock wiring harness is not there. I have not seen a factory option that has both leather electric seat(s) AND heat. I have manual cloth in my truck however I did find under the driver seat carpet the wire harness for the electic seat. Check and see if you have this as well. My understanding is starting with the Gen III dakota's 2005 and up , they finally offered heated electric leather seats , however I could be wrong ... You could I am sure with some work find some electric heated leather seats from a Durango and rig them up. However as far as stock from the Factory and the simplest hookup you'll only get electric leather on the drivers side , passenger will be manual leather.

Hope this helps ...

Mark

Old 02-09-2006, 03:48 AM
TRIKDITOUT

Is there anyway i could splice the power onto the other side also? do you think that the harness you found under you seat would work on my truck? i also have the manual cloth seats...

Old 03-22-2006, 06:49 PM
TRIKDITOUT

so all i am going to have to do is ask for the connector for the electric seats? and then splice it into the leads under the carpet? it will work? i have the seats i just want to know how to make it work? who wants electric seat that does not work??? NOT ME

Old 03-22-2006, 06:54 PM
omio
Rookie

Under my front seat I have the complete power wiring harness (i currently have manual seats)...All I need is the seat and bracket and then I can use my seats, no extra wiring or anything else.

I am talking drivers side only!!!

Old 03-22-2006, 07:20 PM
TRIKDITOUT

i have an 02. where did you get ther harness? what should i do if i just got the electric seats?

Quick Reply: electric seats