2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

sunroof problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006 | 04:26 PM
misael
Default sunroof problem

my husband has a dodge dakota 1998 and the sunroof stoped working, he needs the motorhead or whatever mekes the sunroof work, where could he find it?????????

Old 04-07-2006 | 10:35 PM
RP Racing940
Record Breaker
Default RE: sunroof problem

Hate to say it, but thats not an OEM thing.

I'm assuming power sliding one that lifts over teh roof? Or is it a ext cab with one that slides under the roof?

Check all the wiring from teh battery to the switch to the motor. Check grounds. You usually can hook teh wires directly to a 12v battery to check the motor to see if its working. If it works directly, then its not the motor. If the motor doesnt work, then you will need to contact the manufacturer of teh sunroof (should be an id plate somewheres in the opening for the sunroof. You may need to drop teh headliner which isnt going to be easy since the headliner may be glued to the sunroof surround.).

Your best bet woul dbe to find a automotive shop that installs sunroofs (preferred electric ones). IMHO this isnt a do-it-yourself type job unless you've installed them before (I installed power sliders in suburbans, full size trucks, vans and suv's).

Quick Reply: sunroof problem