2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 06:55 PM
lil
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cold Air Intake

couleedak29 if you read my signature those are my only mods so far, in short the cold air intake and the exhaust has made the diff with MPG but remind you when I got on it for a drive I got my MPG down to 8.1 MPG so if you are easy on the gas it really pays off but having the intake and exhaust opened up at both ends gives you the extra HP but you pay dearly for it at the pump.

Old 06-23-2006, 02:55 PM
beentherecrashedthat

I've got the same truck as you but with the 4x4, how much did all the mods run you? I'm looking to add a bit but not bankrupt myself. Thanks

Old 06-23-2006, 06:24 PM
lil
Captain

SOLAR GUARD TINTING $100.00

FLOWMASTER 40 $151.95 plus tax

AIRAID COLD AIR INTAKE SYSTEM $243.25
with free shipping part #: AA300-151 from

http://www.airaidsales.com/cat.asp?C...E&Model=DAKOTA

CHALLANGER "CHROME" DIAMOND PLATE TOOL BOX $125.95

WEATHERTECH FLOOR MATS $110.00

Old 06-23-2006, 08:52 PM
robrtx

I am considering an intake and am curious if you've seen a noticeable power increase in addition to the better MPG?
And if you have, is it more than you noticed with just a drop in K&N on your previous truck?
And ....what made you decide on the Air Raid over other systems (particularly the FIPK)?

Thanks,
Bob

Old 06-24-2006, 07:50 AM
lil
Captain

The K&N dropin I could not really even tell I had made any change at all.....but it was also a V6 but with the airaid and the V8 I can feel the power addition and sounds nice too

Old 06-25-2006, 07:45 AM
aggiedude

Hey lil, got a question for ya and hope it doesn't sound "old......I've got the same basic truck but with flowmaster 40 and NO airaid...Have been thinking about getting that particular CAI but wondering if it makes the truck a lot louder or just a little ? The flowmaster sound is plenty for me ((ok, I'm 43 so don't need glasspack sound anymore)) but if it's just a little louder or deeper, and actually improved ur MPG I've gotta get one...Have been reading up a bunch on all of the CAI's and narrowed it down to K&N and Airaid and just like the airaid better from what I can tell....Thanx for any reply, Marty

Old 06-28-2006, 04:56 AM
lil
Captain

Well from what I can tell the sound caused by the CAI is not super loud but sound wise I really like the sound it produces you can hear the intake opening more and more the harder you push the gas peddle, to me it completes the sound package that the flowmaster started, for the most part the exhaust you can hear someone once they go by and for a while as they go down the road the CAI makes it where you hear them coming big time........along with a nice power improvement and a few more MPG when you are not hot roding it I think it is the one best mods you can do next to the exhaust to together it can't be beat.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake