2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Tonneau Covers

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 01:36 PM
bpm555
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tonneau Covers

Considering one of three different Toneau Covers for my 03 Short Bed. Specifically, the Access Lorado, the Extang RT or the TruXedo Lo-Profile.

Any opinions on which of the three I should go with?

Old 07-08-2006, 01:09 AM
wannadakota
Default RE: Tonneau Covers

Do a search for tonneaus, as there are lots of threads on this. Be sure to look in all the pick-up forums, not just the 2nd gen Dakota. I found a lot of very useful info out there. In the end, I went for an Extang Fulltilt. It lifts like a hard tonneau (easy to load and unload my golf clubs), but can still roll up like a softee, or remove it completely. While it's not the same model, the fit and finish on my Extang was very good, and I am sure that it is the same on all their models. Mine stays tight at highway speeds, even though it doesn't have a tensioner. Good luck!

Old 07-08-2006, 05:17 AM
aggiedude
Default RE: Tonneau Covers

I got the Extang RT for my 04 Quad and love the heck out of it...Really easy to install and velcro is great.....It's not a hard top so it will move a little when driving, but it looks great, works great, and I've had quite a few people ask where I got it....

Quick Reply: Tonneau Covers