2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Security device i found tonight.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 04:33 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Security device i found tonight.

Ok well the other night me and some friends had some fun in the rain. My friends truck died and we thought it was just wet and woudn't turn. So we towed it home, the next day he found a chip laying in the truck. That chip made it so that you can not run the truck at all, it just wont start AT ALL.

I was like hey wait a minut i have that same thing in mine. I noticed it before and i was like what the hell is that for i pulled it out and stuck it back in thinking nothing of it. So i tired it. I took the little chip out and bam the truck doesnt start i stick it back in and bam it works lol.

Its pretty cool and i never seen anything like that before. Its like right next to my computer plugin with 2 wires coming off it blue and red.

Is that something you have to install or does it come with the R/T package? Cuz i really dont know, thats the first time ive ever seen somthing like that. It would suck if you lost that little piece.

Old 08-30-2006, 04:51 AM
lil
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Security device i found tonight.

you really should not drink and drive.........and oh yeah you stay out of my truck HEHE

Old 08-30-2006, 05:25 AM
User
Champion

uhh.........................................what the hell are you talking about? LOL.

Old 08-30-2006, 05:31 AM
lil
Captain

maybe the fact you have "Cams" might be a clue.......or it might of went over your head hehe [sm=smarty.gif]

Old 08-30-2006, 02:23 PM
User
Champion

I guess ill have to change that cuz you guys sure do like giving me hell for a typo lol. Also yes it did go over my head i have no idea what your talking about.

Old 08-30-2006, 05:33 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey man, I looked in mine and I couldn't find anything. so I cant help ya
________
CHILDREN PAXIL

Last edited by jonnymagnum; 05-08-2011 at 02:46 AM.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:43 PM
DakotaSport
Professional

Ok, I have/HAD the same thing too, for awhile my truck would randomly not start, thought it was the battery.. well the battery was full, so checked the wiring, the wiring was fine too, checked everything, lol this was after I looked at the little chip too and was like what the hell is this for? and just went on with my buisness...

well, it wouldn't start the whole day, and finally it started in the afternoon so I took it back to the dealership and he looked at it, and he looked at the chip... and the freakin chip was broke, they GLUED the chip back on sometime before and stuck it under the plastic in a position so it would work... it was broke and was glued on, so u couldn't take it off, and it had a bad connection so thats why it randomly died......... F'n red necks...

But they dont use these alarm systems anymore and I would be scared to loose that damn peice anyway(but its glued it cant come off) so I got a local shop to take it out and bypass it.......
BAM, my truck works fine now.. and the chip didn't help since I couldn't take it out since it was glued so thats why it was goen..

soo anyone know of a good alarm system for it? kinda worried about it cause my buddys car that he had been working on for awhile, all his NEW tv's, sound system, subs, navigation system etc got stolen.. soo... y not be safe anyway...

I think my truck has a idling problem too, it almost dies when I throw it into neutrul

P!S!. I called a local Dodge shop and they said the alarm chip/system was not factory????? yet alot of em seem to have it, like yours

Old 08-31-2006, 04:45 AM
User
Champion

Hmm mine seems to work pretty good. It fits in there pretty snug.

And a good alarm would have to be the Viper 791vxr (i think it is) its everything you need, keyless entry, remot start, secuirty, and much more. We sell it at Best Buy its like 550 to have it installed at best buy. You can get alot of things for it to like a backup battery, cam siren (its i really high pitch noise that goes off and anoys the robers to death lol) you can also get a mod that allows your turbo to cool down if you have one. Its by FAR the best one i know of. Im going to put it on mine when i get the money, its probably the next thing im going to do. It also has a LED keychain, that shows you your car and what it is doing, when you remote start it it shows the car running, if somone hits it the keychain beeps and tells you where it was hit and how hard. And tons of other things also. It also has a intenna that works better and farther then any other alarm system, you can turn your car on inside a building about 70 feet or father away. Its nice. I cant wait to get it.

Old 08-31-2006, 04:57 AM
DakotaSport
Professional

dude.. lol... i just want a simple alarm system, not something too fancy like that, lol.

Old 08-31-2006, 05:00 AM
User
Champion

Meh then go with a lower version of that alarm, they have simple alarms with just keyless and secuirty for like 150.. including the install. I would would go with the viper brand though. There nice.

Quick Reply: Security device i found tonight.