2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Another question about difforent Air intake systems

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 08:38 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Another question about difforent Air intake systems

You know you like my setup lil I'm not rich like you guys all my $ goes right back out for the bills since I had my kids... I got 2 mpg and a signifigant boost in throttle response and power in general. Keep on knocking it. [8D]
Oh and you can look in the detailing section for the yellow lights someone just put that up how to clean it up. Maybe use a buff ball if it's the outside that is oxidized...

Old 08-30-2006, 08:48 PM
DakotaSport
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for a go cart........... hahahaha.............

Old 08-30-2006, 08:55 PM
DakotaSport
Professional

she got you... but good comeback/excuse

Old 08-30-2006, 08:57 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: DakotaSport
hey u guys all have the same headlights.. ever heard of taking the yellow out of the headlight???
you can buy "clear corner" turn signals for your dakota. you can also get the one piece headlight/turn signal assembly in many finishes including chrome, carbon, black, and smoke. check it out on ebay by searching "dakota headlight"

Old 08-30-2006, 09:48 PM
Mean Green
Champion

Oh was that what he was talking about? I thought he was talking about oxidation... You guys just wait till you have kids and a wife that isn't into letting me mod my ride if it costs money. Hell my wife has told me "Can't it wait until later?" for an oil change. Of course my response is "Can you walk when the engine blows up?". She already cost me a tranny... [:@]

Old 08-30-2006, 10:05 PM
DakotaSport
Professional

yea, but I thought it'd be cheap to just clear it, and save money for the real parts(performance!!),

haha green, thats funny.

Old 08-30-2006, 10:54 PM
Mean Green
Champion

Yeah, funny, not really though she's serious... You wanna hear how I blew my tranny so that I wouldn't have to hear her b*tch??? Too bad I'm gonna tell you anyway LOL. I did a tranny fluid and filter change in my 92 taurus (no wisecracks it did it's job) and I put the pan back on and everything, checked for leaks and ran it around the block. I apparently didn't get a couple of the bolts tight enough (DUH) and I felt it starting to slip by the time I got it home (I guess after drivinig it the pressure pushed out the fluid). It was dark and I couldn't see so I said forget it I'll tighten it up in the morning before we go out. The next morning I go to get the thing straightenend out and tighten up those bolts and she tells me we have to get to an appointment for our baby. I tell her not until I finish working on the car which would only take me a few minutes. She was pissed yelling at me telling me it can wait blah blah blah. I couldn't win this one and just said it'll kill the car and filled the tranny with fluid that would leak out anyway. I get her to the appointment and tell her I'm going to finish it in the parking lot. She was pissed again telling me I need to go in with her more blah blah blah. I stood my ground tightened up the bolts and filled the tranny. The next week I went on a 110 mile trip down to Phoenix and did fine (all downhill) on the way back up I felt OD go so I rode it out for about 5 miles to the halfway point where a town was and got off the freeway. I didn't have 1st or 2nd either so the thing wouldn't go anywhere for a second then it caught a gear and I coasted into a gas station and parked it. Damned $1200 car with an $1800 tranny problem so it went to the junkyard. That was my first car... [&o] It was a pretty good car I had an alternator, water pump, and a heater core go out but it had like almost 100k on the clock so it was expected. I just put new tires on it a few months earlier too I was pissed...

Old 08-30-2006, 11:02 PM
DakotaSport
Professional

hahah, that is a good story! bummer, first car? I just got my first car, I wonder how long it'll last me.

lol i'll have it till I get married and thats when it starts going downhill, like yours, lol.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:18 PM
Mean Green
Champion

Just take care of it man and it'll take care of you.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:26 PM
DakotaSport
Professional

ya.... I'll try.....................
hey guys, whats a good ratio? I just found out I have 3.55? what would be a better ratio to upgrade... I dont know anything about it...

YEAH! im not a student driver anymore! im a daily commuter!!

Quick Reply: Another question about difforent Air intake systems