2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Smashed Rim?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 02:14 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Smashed Rim?

ORIGINAL: Twiztid

You hit something and bent a rim, not really much else to say.

Probably time to lock this thread before it gets out of control

**just have to add it, User, if your going to talk smack, at least use spell check**
Ya, but whats crazy is i didn't feel anything, and there was no pull or vibration in the steering. So i dont know,

Thanks for the tip on the spelling, ill make sure to do that next time,

Old 12-14-2006, 02:21 AM
lil
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: User2006

I will race where i feel is right for me and the other person. Everyone can be mr/mrs perfect on the net. Im being 100% me. I tell what happens with no BS if you don’t like it don’t read it, commenting on how its wrong is not going to change how i think. No matter how much you try. Once again i don’t have anything against anyone here. I think everyone is cool, but when people dont know **** about me over the Internet and try to bust my nuts over something they are blowing way out of the water... its annoying. I know what im doing... you don’t live near me, you don’t know me, you where not at the race, you have no idea what’s going on. I try to be safe as much as i can when i do things like this. So deal with it.

I post tons of races in the Street/Strip section. Obviously there are other people that do it, otherwise they wouldn’t have a section for it...

im glad you guys know how to complain. I think if you do it some more you might be able to persuade me to stop... /end sarcasm

Dont get all mad now. Im just defending myself and what i beleive.

Love to all!
You can try and justify why, where, and when you street race it still remains the same.....but I guess you think you are above the law and can ignore the safety of others to entertain yourself.....at your age I am sure you are far from being a professional driver.....do us all a favor and go to the track to race and leave the speeding on the streets to the cops, at least we can hear and see them coming.

Pease Out Baby hehe

Old 12-14-2006, 02:27 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: lil

I will race where i feel is right for me and the other person. Everyone can be mr/mrs perfect on the net. Im being 100% me. I tell what happens with no BS if you don’t like it don’t read it, commenting on how its wrong is not going to change how i think. No matter how much you try. Once again i don’t have anything against anyone here. I think everyone is cool, but when people dont know **** about me over the Internet and try to bust my nuts over something they are blowing way out of the water... its annoying. I know what im doing... you don’t live near me, you don’t know me, you where not at the race, you have no idea what’s going on. I try to be safe as much as i can when i do things like this. So deal with it.

I post tons of races in the Street/Strip section. Obviously there are other people that do it, otherwise they wouldn’t have a section for it...

im glad you guys know how to complain. I think if you do it some more you might be able to persuade me to stop... /end sarcasm

Love to all!
You can try and justify why, where, and when you street race it still remains the same.....but I guess you think you are above the law and can ignore the safety of others to entertain yourself.....at your age I am sure you are far from being a professional driver.....do us all a favor and go to the track to race and leave the speeding on the streets to the cops, at least we can hear and see them coming.

Pease Out Baby hehe

See now that wasn't too bad, you where courtesy about it and you didn't come off as a b**ch like in the first post. All i can say is ill do what i can do. Im 20 im indestructible, you know that right?

Im joking of course…

Old 12-14-2006, 01:31 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

Love to all!
I remember when I was being just as niave and inexperienced on the streets as you. You have a nice truck and it is going to be a shame when it gets wrapped around a tree or dented up/parted out in the impound. I am in no way perfect. I have gotten more speeding tickets than I have fingers and toes. I have, unfortunately, recieved wreckless driving, speed contest and evading for doing the same thing you did. I guess I don't live in a city small enough to know all of the cops, but I don't think that should make a difference either way. I am not ranting right now to look cool or anything, I want you to know that I have lost two strip cars I built from the ground up because I thought it was cool to race on the streets; more importantly, I lost a friend. I will never race on the streets again and I look to hold people accountable for their actions, just as I was held accountable for mine. You got lucky; take that as a sign, or end up paying thousands and thousands of dollars by the time it is all over.

The point is, if you want to race, do it on the track. If you feel you want to post about your idiotic behavior, post it in the section that it belongs in.

Old 12-14-2006, 02:02 PM
Twiztid
Veteran

[/quote]

You have a nice truck and it is going to be a shame when it gets wrapped around a tree or dented up/parted out in the impound. [/quote]

I call dibs on the 9 1/4 rear end lol

Old 12-14-2006, 10:57 PM
RP Racing940
Record Breaker

Wouldnt be tossing out that it was a "bad" tire. Bubbles can be caused BY the same impact that damaged the rim. Low air pressure is the big culprit in bent rims involving smallish potholes.

Quick Reply: Smashed Rim?