2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Throttle body spacers

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 03:46 AM
boohoops
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Throttle body spacers

dont waste money on a tbs. if u really wanna do something with ur throttle setup, jus buy new throttle body, like the ones from TheFastMan.com. they actually do something other than make noise and eat $ out of ur wallet

Old 03-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Megashifter
Professional

ORIGINAL: Dirtydave311

Ha, you do not lose power with a TBS. IF you buy a TBS thats worth anything at all it will have rifled groves in it to spin air in a circular direction which in all since helps gas milage, cools air, which creates power and also makes a cool sound. ALSO it is used to displace heat coming from the intake manifold. It is proven to show drops anywhere from 3-15* in temp depending on the application. You really wont see to much gain using one but i like them.

I like to use this in root SC'd applications because it helps with high temps on the TB

But like i said, you wont see much gain, if any, i like them and they dont hurt anything so if you got a few extra bucks buy it, i would in no way say you are waisting your money.
Bum dope: Since Stoich (fuel/air mix) occurs about 1' from the end of the intake runner prior to the combustion chamber... spinning air does nothing at all. These are EFI engines... not carbs where Stoich occurs in the plenum. You can't use a roots type SC on these engines either for the same reason.
TB spacers/Tornado gizmos are worthless on an EFI engine.

Old 03-14-2007, 04:21 AM
Aquaman

I have an airaid TBS on my 98 dakota i had it dynoed b4 and after the fact of the throttle body spacer. It gave me 10 more horsepower and i had a lot more cooler air than i did b4. I noticed a lil difference also in my throttle response. PLus it also makes a sick whistle sound.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:48 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Aquaman

I have an airaid TBS on my 98 dakota i had it dynoed b4 and after the fact of the throttle body spacer. It gave me 10 more horsepower and i had a lot more cooler air than i did b4. I noticed a lil difference also in my throttle response. PLus it also makes a sick whistle sound.
Now I heard it all. Post up the dyno charts, and supply the phone number to the shop that dyno'd it. I will call to verify.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:49 PM
batman13
Grand Champion

I mounted a cone filter directly on top of my TB.
it whistles, and i almost feel a difference.
I'll look into a new TB before a spacer,

Old 03-14-2007, 07:36 PM
BeachCruiser
Rookie

I got one just to see if there was any difference. Don't bother...

Quick Reply: Throttle body spacers