2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

What a weekend

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Chris
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a weekend

Well everyone, I hope your weekend was a little more relaxing than mine! I get a call Friday afternoon from my future father in law. He had taken his sand rail (sand buggy) out to the Glamis sand dunes (about 4 hours from my house) on a trailer being hauled behind his motorhome. When he was pulling into his campsite, the axel on his trailer snapped. Enter the phone call. He asked me if I could come give him a hand because he was quoted nearly $900 for someone to ome out and fix it. 5 hours later (traffic) we arrive at his campsite with my welder and some steel pipe to use as a sleeve. I finally finish the project at about 1 am. The drinking begins. We stayed the following day, which I proceeded to bomb around with my Dak through the sand dunes, hitting some beautiful jumps (pictures to come) and doing things a 2wd should never be able to do in the sand.

With this all said, we arrived back at my house at about 5:00 pm on Sunday. I still had plenty of work to do on the Dak including: oil change, tranny flush and filter change, rear dif fluid change, drop in a 180 tstat, run some Sea Foam through my intake manifold andinstall a set of compressed air horns. I was done by 9:00 pm and let me tell you, I am tired this morning!

Old 02-19-2007, 08:45 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What a weekend

sounds like you had a good weekend

I'm putting a 2" t/s lift and replacing some bushings and balljoints. next will be the heatercore.

Old 02-19-2007, 09:47 PM
98Dodger4x4
Veteran

sounds like fun to me

Old 02-20-2007, 01:40 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

sounds like fun to me too, just wondering since you also have a 2 wheel drive truck, how does your truck handle in the snow?? just wondering wether i should trade mine in for a 4x4 or not, just a little worried about getting around the hill country with mine in the winter, any input??

Old 02-20-2007, 01:08 PM
DevilDog17
Professional

Hittin' the dunes, bet that was fun. Can't wait to see the pics.

Old 02-20-2007, 04:16 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: shrpshtr325

sounds like fun to me too, just wondering since you also have a 2 wheel drive truck, how does your truck handle in the snow?? just wondering wether i should trade mine in for a 4x4 or not, just a little worried about getting around the hill country with mine in the winter, any input??
If you plan to do a decent amount of driving in the snow, you will definately want to go with the 4wd option. The 2wd's are fine in the snow with some weight in the back and a driver that knows what he/she is doing in those conditions. I lived in Detroit for several years with the same Dak I own now, and never had problems with it that I couldn't handle.

Quick Reply: What a weekend