2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Drop in bedliner

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 01:34 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Drop in bedliner

Hey guys i know this is an old discussiong but i was looking for some input from some of you. I did the brakes on my truck this afternoon and while i was at the auto store waiting to see if they could turn the rotors for me(turned out they were too badly warped, so it wouldnt have worked, they would have continued to pulse on me when i stopped, but that is for another thread) i bumped into one of my friends fathers and he offered me an over-the-rail drop-in bedliner made for a 99 short bed ram for free(so i know the price is right), so two questions,

1) will this fit into my truck? (i have a 98 dakota club cab, shortbed), i believe it will but just want to be sure, and

2) is this a good deal, should i take it? any responses would be great,

Old 02-25-2007, 01:36 AM
daknation
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Drop in bedliner

no it wont fit, the rams beds are wider. sorry for the bad news.

Old 02-25-2007, 01:45 AM
Rakaric
Record Breaker

so the bed is 6.5 ft? If so, I have a used one for you. Tho i wouldn't know how that would be shipped...unless you live near. I just have the thing sitting out in the backyard. I hated that thing, so I put a brush-on liner in.

Old 02-25-2007, 07:42 AM
jk240sx
Professional

I have the rino liner. tuff as nails.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:18 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

unfortunately i dont live near you i am in NJ so i cant come over and get it but this guy wasnt sure what type of truck it came out of, just that it was a Dodge so i think im going to go take a look at it and hope for the best, if it doesnt fit who cares i paid nothing for it so it doesnt bother me

Old 02-25-2007, 09:18 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

ok so i went to see the bedliner today and he was right it is from a Ram and so was daknation, it is too wide to fit into my truck, so any suggestions on what brand to buy and how much they would cost would be great im in NJ about an hour from NY if anyone knows of any deals in my area, i would really like to have a drop in bedliner

Old 02-25-2007, 11:23 PM
rhowe
Professional

i wouldn't use a drop in. it'll rub all the paint off where ever it makes contact to the bed.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:30 PM
Rakaric
Record Breaker

yea that's what i was gonna say. I had to fill in all the rubbed areas. If you don't wanna spend too much money, you can always go to ur local autoparts store, they'll have herculiner or something and it should be under 100 bucks. Or you could spend more for a sprayed on job at a place that does that.

Old 02-26-2007, 01:08 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

my dad has had drop in bedliners in his truck for years and we beat up his trucks pretty badly but they beds never had any damage, they always came out of it with immaculate paint and not a spot of rustand the spray ons ive seen have all been dented and i dont want to dent my truck, i know its not much but its still my truck, so im going to stick with the drop in because they are in (in my experience) better, of course if you dont take care of them im sure that they could cause these problems but theyre not hard to take care of

Old 02-26-2007, 01:14 AM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my 99 has a drop in bed liner, the only thing I like about it is that it protects the bed from dents and scratches. I hate that when you put something in the bed it will slide all over the place. so I put down a rubber mat in the bed and thats helped alot.

my 88 has the cheap $100 bed liner. well it used to, it's all scraped off. If you do go that route. spend a lil extra money and do it right.

Quick Reply: Drop in bedliner