2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

maybe make this a sticky. Solved my transmission problem check your truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009 | 02:16 PM
fldodge4x4
|
Rookie
Default maybe make this a sticky. Solved my transmission problem check your truck

UPDATE

I post a ton of threads a while back concerning my 2000 dakota 4x4 4.7 v8.

I had some weird electrical stuff happen.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...c-problem.html

AAMCO never even detected my problem. Turns out they didn't even touch my wires.

Either way. if you notice in your dakota that the passenger floor is wet MAKE SURE you lift up the carpeting right away and let it dry. This is what caused all my electrical nightmares. When your carpet is wet it means the seal by the heater core is bad. This is a common problem in dakotas and jeeps. The bad seal leaks rain water and outside water instead of draining it out of the truck like its suppose too. Under the passenger carpets there is a wiring harness. Once it leaks and your carpets wet for a while it causes your wiring harness to do weird things such as draw to much current and have your transmission stop shifting because of air conditioning. If I knew what I'm telling you guys today I would have saved a year of time, money and frustration. I hope this can help people out. Apparently it has happened quite a few times to people but I haven't seen any post about it.

Old 08-05-2009 | 04:56 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame

Ya leaking water will distroy anything. Good job.

Old 08-05-2009 | 09:35 PM
bpark8824
Champion

F-ing Dodge. They can screw anything up.

Quick Reply: maybe make this a sticky. Solved my transmission problem check your truck