2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

DVD player popping the fuse

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 05:39 PM
wiserocz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DVD player popping the fuse

So I sold the 1gen Durango and traded up to a 2005 Dodge Durango SLT and got a great deal $8600 with 41,000 miles. Everything is peachy except 2 items and I thought maybe someone has had some experience with these.

1. The VES DVD player (fer the kids) doesn't work. First I downloaded all the manuals and checked it out as much as I could. I downloaded the manual for the fuses. It blows a 10Amp fuse immediately, its the fifth from the bottom of the box on the left side. A bigger fuse killed keyless entry, radio, and locks when the key is not in the ignition. I figuired out it was the IOD fuse, replaced that. Traced the wiring and made sure everything was connected to the radio. It still gets no power and blows the fuse immediately. Anyone have any ideas, I checked on ebay and found one for $400 but I don't want to spend that money on a new DVD player if there is something else that can be checked.

2. The other issue, not sure if this is normal is there is a little play in the tilt of the truck (up and down). Not much just a little annoying is there some kind of adjustment?

Other than the wind noise coming from the passenger side door which I think WAS normal (I fixed by taking the bottom of the weather stripping and afixing it to the A pillar. I think wind was getting under it. ) The truck has been pretty awesome getting around 17.9 MPG (why not 18) and being a helluva lot quieter than the old 5.2L SLT.

Oh one more thing...Anyone see in cool taillights for these? All I see is some crappy led tail-lights for the 2nd gen.

below the old

Old 08-03-2008, 02:18 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts
Default RE: DVD player popping the fuse

I would say you have a dead short. Are you still covered under warranty? If so, get it in and have it ck'ed out.

Quick Reply: DVD player popping the fuse