2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

08' 5.7 Hemi and Magnaflow Catback #16779

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Electronut
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dramer77
our muffler is in the rear, most aftermarket systems move the muffler up in the middle of the truck.. i dont think there would be that much added in cabin noise with the magnaflow, the flowmaster yea..lol its loud... i think you would be fine with the magnaflow.. your not gonna get and agressive sound without hearing it alittle inside at some point.. and when i say hearing it i dont mean being loud or rattling things inside the cabin.. i did alot of research on this as well.. and in general the magnaflow was said to not drone hardly at all and be pretty much everything you described.. id say go for it and see how it sounds.. its going to be noticable at first no matter howor quiet it is being more agressive than stock.. after a week or 2 she prob wouldnt notice anymore
Thanks for the info Dramer. Do you speak from experience however and have this Magnaflow system?

IDK really....this is really all different to everyones ear and personal preference for whats tolerable. Problem here is the investment too. Its over $500 for the exhaust plus figure $150 for install. Odds are the oem exhaust would be scrap once taken off so if this didnt workout we would be out good amount of money plus all the headaches.

Its a tough call. I know if I had to do it all over again I wouldnt have put the Magnaflow system in my 3.7L Cherokee. Thats only a measley 6 cyl too. This is a more agressive hemi.

The muffler is in fact right under the rear passenger side seat so to me thats more the center of the truck.

Mike oferred me to take a listen to his if and when I get up his way. I think I cant take this plunge until I hear it with my own ears inside and out of the vehicle.

Old 02-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Dramer77
Amateur

no i dont have the magnaflow but have use them on other vehicals.. i actually plan on getting the stainless version of the Flowmaster.. it a decent bit louder than the magnaflow but i dont mine it.. i grew up with muscle cars and love a nice throaty v8 rumble.. as long as its not ridiculous lol
Id suggest you go listen to it on someone elses and maybe have you wife go for a ride in it to see what she thinks..

Old 02-14-2012, 01:12 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Magnaflow with exhaust headers and it is loud at the 2500 - 3000 RPM range. Pedestrians constantly look at me when I pass. Now, it is subjective as I do not think it is too loud, but my wife and kids complain so we take her Suburban on family outings.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:39 PM
Electronut

Originally Posted by fascistfaction
I have the Magnaflow with exhaust headers and it is loud at the 2500 - 3000 RPM range. Pedestrians constantly look at me when I pass. Now, it is subjective as I do not think it is too loud, but my wife and kids complain so we take her Suburban on family outings.
Thanks Fasc. You pretty much answered my question and so I should probably stay away. Hey....ill be in Pitt starting early evening tomorrow until Thurs on biz. Stop by the airport Marriott and ill give it a listen...lol!

Old 02-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Dramer77
Amateur

^ you do realize that him having header probably adds alot higher noise level than just a exhaust by itself.. i still say find someone local with just an exhaust and listen to it yourself

Old 02-18-2012, 02:23 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry, I forgot to add that the headers, CAI and possibly ported heads might make it louder,
FF

Old 02-19-2012, 05:57 AM
Dramer77
Amateur

Originally Posted by fascistfaction
Sorry, I forgot to add that the headers, CAI and possibly ported heads might make it louder,
FF
might? lol that will make it alot louder

Old 06-22-2017, 04:49 AM
torque13
Default Dynomax Kit 19389

Originally Posted by Dramer77
might? lol that will make it alot louder

My Aspen has the Magnaflow System on. There is a constantly drone at low rpm. Has anyone the dynomax 19389 kit?

Quick Reply: 08' 5.7 Hemi and Magnaflow Catback #16779