2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Dodge devirginized

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 08:25 PM
ArgRugby
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Dodge devirginized

Just got a 2004 Durango limited, fully loaded, 3 weeks ago. Im from Long Island, NY. Im working on making a wish list at the moment ...but then again that means Im spending all my money on parts and the v8 is killing me on gas...The truck needs tires and a front shock absorber, so I want to get torsion bar keys and put 33" tires. After those mods next in line is the exhaust, MyGig, Mopar remote start (right now I have an aftermarket one but that means I have a key under the dashboard at all times), and Im sure that by the time I have all that done I will want more...we always want more lol...If any one wants to help with the torsion bar keys I was looking at either strut masters web site or truxxx...or perhaps if some one has other suggestions, I want to put high quality stuff, not looking for the cheapest.

Last edited by master tech; 03-07-2012 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Web sites links were removed.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:59 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
I will move your post to the 2nd Gen Durango section, The members may have some ideals for you.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:22 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Argrug:

Welcome to the Durango family!

You will want to be careful as the Durango front differential is not the strongest piece in the world. I think 33 inch tires are the biggest you can go without concern of breaking it.

The more popular on road shock for the D are the Bilstein shocks. A set of 4 can be had for around $260-$270 shipped to your door.

I would not replace just one or two. The oem shocks are well known to be worn out as early as 40K.
When I put Bilsteins on mine at 55K, it made a world of difference.

Don

Old 03-10-2012, 09:13 PM
ArgRugby

Thans guys...I will deff look into the Bilsteins, I was goona put new oem from dodge, but if you say that bilsteis are that much better I will get all four . Also I did more research and I think lift ready makes a good set of tb keys. As far as the tires go, I also did more reaserach and Im in between getting 20' rims and putting 33' on it, or keeping stock rims and putting 33' on those...but Im still undecided...the stock rims are winning at the moment because new rims are too expensive lol...but once again, thank you.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:54 AM
MIKEon22s
Captain

You dont need torsion keys for the 33" , many have put the 20" ram wheels with the 275/60/20 and they fit fine only slight rub on inner plastic's and thats with no torsion bar lifts.

And jsut to be sure on the shocks. Bilstiens.....

Quick Reply: Dodge devirginized