2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

engine removal

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 07:28 PM
racerx55
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine removal

ok guys i searched, didnt find what i was looking for - i might have to swap a motor on a 2000 intrepid, not sure yet what motor it is, im assuming its the 2.7L since it blew up with lower miles on it.. my question is will it come out from the top or not?
someone mentioned it might be one that comes out from the bottom, if thats the case im not working on it because i dont have a lift.
thanks.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:41 PM
71fe5r/t
Default RE: engine removal

Have you done anything as far as pulling the intrepid engine yet?

Old 03-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Nofrag
Champion
Default RE: engine removal

If I recall correctly, the easiest way is from the bottom. It can be done without a lift, but it get's fun. It's funny, I've never driven an intrepid, never even fixed one, but I've pulled a couple engines haha the joys of having worked in a wrecking yard.

BTW, if you disconnect everything on the ground, support everything and undo all the cradle bolts along with the strut tower bolts, the car body should be light enough that you can put a support benieth the middle of the car and jack it up there, tilting it from there you probably could get enough height at the front to roll the entire cradle assembly out, if not then deflate the tires

Quick Reply: engine removal