2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

need help from Neon expert ASAP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 06:58 AM
NHARINTON
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need help from Neon expert ASAP!!!

if you cant find the throttle body on a 2000 neon, you have no need being under the hood of a car!! Their is a wire from the pedel (the thing you push to go!!) Or you could have a friend rev it from inside the car!! Not trying to be an a**, but how can you miss the air cleaner and TB?

Old 04-08-2007, 08:21 PM
jayandliz27
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need help from Neon expert ASAP!!!

thanks for any responses. here's what it's doing now: when i start the car, it automatically revs up to about 4500 rpms, then drops down to 1500 rpms, where it sits and pulsates. if i press the gas just slightly, it will rev up to about 5000 rpms and drop back down to 1500. next time i press the gas, it goes up even higher, to about 6000 or 6500 rpms then again drops back down to 1500 rpms and pulsates. i can hear it misfiring like it's out of time. i just had the timing belt replaced though...is there anything i can try before taking it to a mechanic? also, this all occurs while in park - if i put the car in gear, it still wants to accelerate but the rpms don't shoot up to 6500 if i press the gas...my dad and i towed the car back to my house and he's out there messing with it now. i was hoping one of you neon experts would be able to point us in the right direction!!thanks in advance for any help!!!

Quick Reply: need help from Neon expert ASAP!!!