fuel return system

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 10:20 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fuel return system

ORIGINAL: dtjackten

how about a greddy emanage system????? that is what the guy mentioned that is tuning the car????

i just want to do this one more time and not waist my money again......i tryed to get it tuned on saterday and all i got was my fuel system was not enough....so i am going to run the fuel system with a return, and hope that it will be enough, with a different regulator...i am also going to go with diffenrent injectors to, maybe like 450-500cc??? i am only running 8psi to start, but would like it to have a good enough fuel system for further mods.....

thanks alot for the help rt

E-Manage will be WAAAY more expensive then a full MS'n'S system...if you want to run 500cc injectors thats something like 47lb...so SRT-4 Stage 1's should do the trick...but at only 8psi it will be too much. The RRFPR and return line is the best "mechanical" fuel management system available, and its very efficient and affective up to 14-16psi, give or take...

Old 04-09-2007, 10:32 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

ok well i have 22-23lbs injectors now, and it is running way to lean when it builds boost, i need something more, so i knowi amgoing to go with a differnet reg, and a bigger pump, do u think i will be ok with the injectors i already put on????

Old 04-09-2007, 10:39 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ok well i have 22-23lbs injectors now, and it is running way to lean when it builds boost, i need something more, so i knowi amgoing to go with a differnet reg, and a bigger pump, do u think i will be ok with the injectors i already put on????
You should probably be running 30lb injectors...you definitely need larger injectors in my opinion though, SRT-4 Stage 0 Injectors will work great and they are 42lb so you'll have "enough" fuel for future plans but not too much for low boost like you will be running now.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:55 PM
dtjackten

so stock srts, arnt they about a 450cc??, with a 30 lb injector, will i be running to rich at idol though??? i want this car to be very reliable, that is my biggest thing right now, is i want to go to some big shows, and not have to really worry about any major problems, so a good idol is improtant to.......

Old 04-09-2007, 11:03 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

so stock srts, arnt they about a 450cc??, with a 30 lb injector, will i be running to rich at idol though??? i want this car to be very reliable, that is my biggest thing right now, is i want to go to some big shows, and not have to really worry about any major problems, so a good idol is improtant to.......
The Stage 0's are around 440cc...neither the 30lb or the Stage 0's should cause you any trouble with a rich idle assuming you spend enough time fine tuning your fuel tune.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:09 PM
dtjackten

i am having some one do the tuning for me......so i will leave that to him, lol..... thanks for the help, i will get u the money for that rrfpr for the reg by the end of the week.....thanks for the help again rt

Old 04-10-2007, 12:59 PM
tooslow
Veteran

if you go e manage you will still need return line with a 1:1 reg you just lower the feul pressure so it will idle right and the 1:1 and e-manage will add the feul but really don't like e-manage it makes the car stumble into boost and it is pain too tune some pll have had great success with it but ms is cheaper and you won't need a return line and you can run almost any enjecter you want I ran 30lb enjectersup to 12psi but I run a a %85 duty cycle wich is kinda on the dangerous side also ms goes into boost real smooth there is no lean spot or nothing if you tune it right

Old 04-11-2007, 04:24 PM
dtjackten

will a 10:1 ratio fuel regulator, work with a 36 lb injector set up, and the welbro fuel pump??? i have that reg but need to know if a 36lb injector will be enough??? and with no return system??

Old 04-11-2007, 05:01 PM
tooslow
Veteran

10:1 is toomuch for 36lb's with a 10:1 should work with 21 pounders at low boost presure with 36lb's you need more like 6:1 maybe even lower

Old 04-11-2007, 05:13 PM
dtjackten

it leans out with 23 lb injectors, and no welbro fuel pump?? will the pump make that much difference in fuel deliveray??

Quick Reply: fuel return system