2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

AIR INTAKES THAT DONT MOUNT DOWN INTO WHEEL WELL

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 03:07 AM
l_pillon
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AIR INTAKES THAT DONT MOUNT DOWN INTO WHEEL WELL

there can be a real bad problem with wheel well intake..in real cold conditions u can do some real harm to ur motor..i dont want the wheel well mounted cuz the winters here are real cold and then u could possible screw up ur mix ratios...u people dont get it cuz ...i dont want to have to swap out intakes every season..so i want the shorty...im not bein an *** its just some people dont read the post correctly before they respond...that is all.....some people say things on here that are totally false...there are too many back yard mechanics on here doin things and they wonder why they have problems...its just kind of funny ....not tryin to offend anyone i just am tryin to explain myself as best as possible

Old 04-24-2007, 04:47 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

its your choice... i would just make sure the WAI you get dosent just hang off of the throttle body. some cheaper ebay types dont have any extra support. however i have read of people solving this problem with a coathanger modification... but its very ghetto. just go with your idea of gettign a name brand shortram with a good quality filter on it. also, i kind of like the K&N intakes that make kind of an insulated box that seals up against the hood, i know they are nice on the 2.4... but dont free up any engine space over the stock airbox. if anything, they take up more room

and i should add... im merely a backyard mechanic in training

Old 04-24-2007, 05:34 AM
Kapitald
Captain

well the two links i've seen people leave for you are (or should be) what your looking for....I understand it is too cold there???where do you live alaska? canada? Just letting your motor warm up before you take off and leave your house could solve that problem...but I understand some people dont have that kind of time...but the two links that were left for you earlier I looked at and they are short rams....maybe not what you want...but nonetheless they are short rams...and i would go with the one with the cold air box setup...

Old 04-24-2007, 11:23 AM
Andpto
All Star

ORIGINAL: l_pillon

dude short ram is the 69 series...thats a diff model u sent the link too
no the short ramis the 57 series the linki sent u is the 57 series. The CAI is 69 series. I think K&N is the only name brand that sells short rams. Because i never have seen an AEM short ramintake

Old 04-24-2007, 12:50 PM
SXTspeed
Veteran

Yeah the 69 series is the CAI, the K & N Series 69 "Typhoon" Cold Air Intake (one ofthe best intake you can get for the neon)

Old 04-24-2007, 01:53 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Dude...what the hell are you talking about. I leave my intake on year round and it gets plenty cold here. I doubt it gets colder where you're at unless you're in Canada, alaska, mountains, or maybe some of the far northeast states. It was at 0 degrees F or below zero for over a week where I live...and my car started and ran with NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER. Should I have taken my k&n cold air intake off? Maybe I should have. Because if I did maybe my car would still be running....oh wait it still is. The answer is no, its doesn't hurt a damn thing. Do you really thing it makes a difference when the car starts where the filter is at? Either way if its that cold, it will be the same temperatue in both spots or within probably 10 degrees. Go ahead and get a shorty intake. You have a really stupid reason to get one though. You'll just end up buying a real CAI after you realize the shorty doesn't make a big difference.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:59 PM
night709
Veteran

If you really want a specific way you want your intake to go. Why don't you just make on and customize it yourself? My friend did that to his and it sits right up by his engine. It might not be "name brand" like you want it, but at least it will be where you want it.

Old 04-24-2007, 05:26 PM
NHARINTON
Record Breaker

Why even get intake? A short ram will do NOTHING! If you really think it is too cold (by the way your computer will adj. all settings so it will hurt nothing being that cold) then just stick with the stock intake.
AndI made my CAI and it works great and will forever. In fact 99% of CAI's are aluminum. Mine isplastic, mine is better! When the air passes through the aluminum above the transmission it warms right back up because metal is a GREAT heat comdutor, plastic is not. Dont diss on the backyard mechanic. One day we will be the one's you need when you cant figure out what is wrong with your car and "shop" mechanics are ripping you off.

just my 2 cents

Old 04-24-2007, 05:37 PM
contagious19
Champion

all short rams will b on da eninge bay. only cold air go to the tire well.

Old 04-24-2007, 05:39 PM
04 mo neon
All Star

Obviously this guy is not going to listen to anyones advice even though 20 people have told him the same thing. I dont know why he would post on a forum but just stop wasting your time posting about one of the simplest things to do to a car period. No wonder mechanics fu*k people over on things when you get people like this who wont listen to anyones advice.

Quick Reply: AIR INTAKES THAT DONT MOUNT DOWN INTO WHEEL WELL