2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

AIR INTAKES THAT DONT MOUNT DOWN INTO WHEEL WELL

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 12:43 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AIR INTAKES THAT DONT MOUNT DOWN INTO WHEEL WELL

Although, if you are truly fixed with the idea of getting the short ram air intake. Go to K&N.com, and type in your year make and model. It should be the second one down, called the FIPK. I ran that short ram on my car for about 4-5 months until I switched over to the true cold air intake. That short ram offers a really nice sound (not as loud as the true or as effective in h/p), and offers a cute boost in the mid range RPMS. It also comes with a nice heat shield, so it maximizes the best it can with the given area its in (stock airbox area). Really though man, I think you should go true. The intake essentially isn't the biggest deal in the world, and power is minimal, it's just a nice necesity to have if you are at all serious with modding the engine out on a neon, its the first step. If your going to spend the money though, do it right, go with the true cold air intake by either AEM or K&N, hope this could help man!!

Old 04-25-2007, 01:15 AM
Andpto
All Star

ORIGINAL: l_pillon

no one is listening..if u look in the k&n intake general instructions there is a warning stating that its not ideal for cold weather conditions. i live in canada. and if the cai got wet n froze then i wouldnt be gettin the proper air and the engine will start throwin codes and theres a potential for damage...thats all i was tryin to say but people chose to start sending responses without reading what i was trying to say and it turned into a huge arguement....now people are making comments aboujt things ive never asked them...in cold whether i mean real cold weather the cai is not ideal in those conditions as far as being the wheel well mounted ones cuz theres potential for bad things to happen...thats all i was tryin to say...end of discussion....now i bet people are gonna argue some more about this so lets leave this alone....
Dont listen to K&N ive called them asking if there CAI for dodge neon fits a plymouth neon. I got bitched at over the phone because i suggested that they are the same cars, made in the same factory, just different names. Thats why they dont have a dime of my money. When they could be making more money.....

Old 04-25-2007, 02:33 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

so how bout you just add a K&N drop in filter. it will be the 'safest' option for you

Old 04-25-2007, 04:01 AM
djmagic
Record Breaker

Hey I live in AZ and with the CAI should I switch it out during the rain season? Stupid question but remeber, I'm more the stereo guy not performance guy

Old 04-25-2007, 04:55 AM
l_pillon
Professional

I JUST WANNA SAY I DO APPRECIATE PEOPLE TAKIN THE TIME TO RESPOND THE THIS THREAD..I WASNT TRYIN TO STEP ON ANYONES TOES...ALL IM LOOKIN OUT FOR IS THE LONG TERM LIFE OF MY CAR AND LETS FACE IT SOME AUTO PARTS COMPANYS DO OVER EXAGERATE CERTAIN THINGS JUST TO SELL A COUPLE UNITS....

Old 04-26-2007, 06:37 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

i believe i still have my K&N drop-in filter in the garage somewhere. used it on my SRT4 for about 12 thousand miles until i bought a true cai. ill have a look about, i could sell it if you want it.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:31 PM
mike9fore
Veteran

Get the AEM bypass valve and you will be fine...thats the setup that I am getting....and all my friends run in it and there have been no problems....

Old 04-26-2007, 02:48 PM
AirWolf

I have a custom intake with a cf filter for shows I had problem with my typhoon and sold it and got this custom one much better.

Old 04-27-2007, 12:05 AM
Clokwerck

im lookin for a high quality brand...u get what u pay for is a good motto to remember

When it comes to intakes the only thing that really makes a difference is the filter. Just don't make your pipe out of PVC piping, the plastic fumes don't do the motor any good lol. An aluminum pipe is just the same whether you paid 200 bucks to have AEM slap thier badge on it, or if you paid 5 bucks (which is how much the cold air on my Integra cost me and did the same thing for me as my friend's 268 dollar Iceman intake did for him) to have Weapon R (or whoever) put their badge on it.

Old 04-27-2007, 12:08 AM
Andpto
All Star

ORIGINAL: Clokwerck

im lookin for a high quality brand...u get what u pay for is a good motto to remember

When it comes to intakes the only thing that really makes a difference is the filter. Just don't make your pipe out of PVC piping, the plastic fumes don't do the motor any good lol. An aluminum pipe is just the same whether you paid 200 bucks to have AEM slap thier badge on it, or if you paid 5 bucks (which is how much the cold air on my Integra cost me and did the same thing for me as my friend's 268 dollar Iceman intake did for him) to have Weapon R (or whoever) put their badge on it.
+1

Quick Reply: AIR INTAKES THAT DONT MOUNT DOWN INTO WHEEL WELL