2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

REMINDER TO EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 09:58 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: REMINDER TO EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM

haha lowslow. it wasnt diretly about that other post, but i just dont have another forum to go to if this one gets real bad like .org also iwas jst really bored when i wrote this so ehh. im not sayin people should really censor themselves, but everyone started somewhere

Old 04-24-2007, 10:43 PM
l_pillon
Professional

problem is that people jump on other people for no reason...or they dont take the time to interpret what the person was tryin to say...wheres the love?lol ..everyone is here cuz they like their cars and we all have something in common

Old 04-25-2007, 01:03 AM
AirWolf

Yeah only sections on this forum thats kind of like those two forums is the 1st gen neon section and srt4 section . They are horrible on both of those sections .

Old 04-25-2007, 02:34 AM
contagious19
Champion

i feel like we are all coming together as neon enthusiast. well all is agreed and understandable.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:36 AM
Kapitald
Captain

I love this website and I believe I never put anybody down...I throw my 2 cents in and help out if I can...I treat people the way I would want to be treated...that one thread mikey was talkn about i think was the CAI and yeah that was getting pretty rough...and the rev limiter one so dude could rev up....I believe everybody on here were kids at one time and im sure yall remembering revving your motors...nothing new there...im surprised dude came out and said thats what he wanted to do...but more power to him....now he has been educated ( a lil harshly i might add) and wont make that mistake again...lets all be friends because we all have something in common and thats the love for our cars.

Old 04-25-2007, 02:44 AM
contagious19
Champion

well said, i want friends not enemies.

Old 04-25-2007, 04:35 AM
04 mo neon
All Star

ORIGINAL: spikeymikey87

ok kids ive come to notice that this forum is begining to become n e o n s . o r g and srtforums.com. people will ask a simple question and it will get shot down, and then everyone will gang up on that one person and tell they how stupid they are and how they shouldnt have this car and call them a ricer and crap like that. also, there are a lot of people here with huge post counts, but have not contributed crap. now i'l all for if someone has posted a picture of their car, and you leave a comment, or leave comments and sidenotes asd stuff, but most people have been bickering over stupid things, and saying stupid things. i like the community here, because it is mostly friendly, and there are a few of us that heve been here for a while, and know and respect eachother. i like this forum and i just dont want to see it turn into n e o n s . o r g where every question is answered with use the search button and then is followed by 2 pages of people calling them an idiot. i know the internet is cool and all and that what i'm saying right now ccan have little or no effect on you, and since i am no mod, i can't really do anything to you, but just think before you post up crap please.

-mike

Veterans 4 life

Agree completly, this last couple of months i've seen about 200 new people just apear outta no where and even thought thats a good thing there are alot of people (including me) that know this forum is a serious well kept foum. Me and many others dont want to see it go to hell. So just ever one calm down and if u have something to contribute that's helpful post it but if not then just do more research and read previous post. There is a handy dandy thing called a serch button and I've found it to be very helpful these last 3 or so years.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:42 AM
Nappers
Professional

ORIGINAL: 03neonRT

I agree with both Mike and Graphite on this subject. Your on a public forum, there are many different kinds of people on here and a stupid question to one person may not be a stupid question to another. Just like a noob question wont be a noob question to a forum veteran. I do not mind answering the same question over and over, because this forum is not only a place for Neon owners to come to and talk to each other, but its a place for leanring as well. That being said, some people can get annoyed by seeing the same questions voer and over, and to those people, I would ask, if you cant add anything constructive to the thread, then simply dont post a reply.

Everyone was young (and stupid) at one point or another, everyone does stupid things, thats part of growing up. However, if your doing something stupid or foolish, you have to be prepared to get a pounding from the older more experienced members. We cant baby everyone, and sometimes the truth hurts, no matter how harsh it is. Are there better ways to say your being stupid? Sure. But thats just something we have to deal with on a more personal level.

As a Moderator I will not censor or delete posts when one member calls out another member about something stupid they do. If the calling out turns into personal attacks or goes out of hand, then something will be done about the situation. However, I have not seen any situations recently where such action is required.

I, like many others on here, cannot be logged on 24/7, so if anyone does witness anything they feel is uncalled for or innapropriate, I would ask them to PM me and I will look into it as soon as I can.
[sm=exactly.gif]

NO question is a dumb question, merrily just people seeking information. I have seen questions on how to change the oil on a car, stupid question to most, but a question this young lad had and it got him away from his PS2-3/XBox or whatever and he ventured outside to work on his car. We may have our own opinions about what to do with our rides and our own personal experience with certain parts or upgrades or type of oil, or oil filter or whatever. We are here to give information out to the community about our rides. On the other hand, not being as astute as some of the fine Ladies and Gents on this forum, I seek information and may add my own "stupid" question at any given time as I enjoy my Neon, it's no Honda Accord (which I wanted but couldn't justify the $11,000 difference in price) but it's a great car and I average 38MPG or MORE! and.... I love that Orange Blast paint. I have maybe some future plans in upgrading to a little higher performance, like CAI, and others I keep reading about.

Gaining up on each other shows the one's seeking information a mass amount of confusion, instead it can be given as "you could do this" or "you could do that instead as it's my experience that this works better" and so on.

Guys, I seek information. I know it's not every topic that the flaming happens, but I've noticed it a little more here and there as with other forums not related to Neons (I belong to GM-Trucks for my Yukon, Meguiars Online to keep my Orange Blast paint swirl free and my new family hopefully, Dodge Classics on good ol' Dodge Forum for my Step Son's '66 D100 with 318).

Let's help each other with our own opinions and ideas. I like this forum a lot, some great information you guys put out to make our rides faster, handle better, look nicer, sound nicer etc etc. Keep it up.

Now........could we teach the kiddies how to spell???????

I meen, com on know, pay atenshun in skool.

L8R

Aaron

Old 04-25-2007, 12:53 PM
SXTspeed
Veteran

As some of you guys know, I am prolly going to get an SRT-4 once my car is paid off and my dad will let me sell it. But I still have questions about the car. Usually i go to srtforums and ask, and so far only one person has been a complete jerk about it. Everyone else basiaclly understands and is willing to give feedback and ansers, even if they are only links to other threads where my question has been answered.

Old 04-25-2007, 01:07 PM
blackflame
Captain

I kinda stopped reading this half-way through lol. I totally agree with spikey.

First...there is no "stupid" question. Haven't you heard that before?
Second...you kill the kids you are killing the scene. You aren't going to be in this scene much longer so who is going to take your place? The kids when they get older? Nope, they won't know anything about cars because when they were younger they were shot down by you.

Revving your auto might be somewhat lame to those of us who know that its nothing new. The point of that was, "How can I make the rev limiter go away?" Infact I have seen that question many times. Since the person didn't say that they were revving it in neutral...they weren't shot down. I remember I went to a Xbox Live forum asking where I can get a headset part without rebuying the whole headset. I told them where I checked(basically everywhere). They didn't even answer the question. Since they have been there and done that they said. "try...a STORE" laksjdf Im sure no one wants any forum to come to that right?

I haven't been here too long but it seems like everyone here is soo sweet. Most questions I KKNOW I would get flamed for on other forums were answered nicely here. Everytime I see a reply to what I say I hold my breath and cringe haha. People are nice here.

GO YOU GUYS!!! Woooo!

Quick Reply: REMINDER TO EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM