2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

REMINDER TO EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 06:50 PM
AirWolf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: REMINDER TO EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM

I just totally sick of whenever we put something or ask about something to do with a srt4 item on our neons we have to hear from a srt4 guy or gal why dont you just buy a srt4 or do the swap . I hate when our rides are called posers just because we have the spoiler and some of us have the exhausts on our rides .

Old 04-25-2007, 07:12 PM
GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: blackflame

First...there is no "stupid" question. Haven't you heard that before?
Second...you kill the kids you are killing the scene. You aren't going to be in this scene much longer so who is going to take your place? The kids when they get older? Nope, they won't know anything about cars because when they were younger they were shot down by you.
Since this part is directed toward me, I guess I’ll respond...

First, despite what you've "heard",there are stupid questions... Believe me, I’ve heard them all and they are not all pertaining to modifying cars. Let me know if you need example, I have a few great ones.

Second, let me know what age I should leave the scene? I wasn’t really sure that you got kicked out at a certain point in your life. Back when I was on the east coast, there was a 10 second SS that would come down at driven by a early 50’s gentleman.

And as far as killing the scene… We are part of a scene that is looked down upon across the nation. We are the highlight of every news station. The media is always looking to report a street racing incident. The profiling has already begun. If your car looks remotely modified, prepare to be harassed. Now here is some Food for Thought:

The number of bicycle related death in the year 2005: 785
The number of racing related death from 1998-2005: 478

Why all the hate? Ok, I’m drifting onto a whole other subject here…

So in the instance of a person asking about removing a safety feature on their car, just so they can participate in a revin’ contest with there buddy, is ridiculous. Someone mentioned tough love… Someone also mentioned a “Dick Pill”… Call it what you want. Different people have different opinions, I will except yours.

k3v

Old 04-25-2007, 07:29 PM
mikesxt
Rookie

well i dont have much knowledge of the car i was askin if it was possible, didnt know it wasent possible didnt know it was a saftey feature i just got my first car 3 weeks ago my 05 sxt....... and if ur saying u are in the street racing scene...then u tell me uve never reved ur car...... reving ur car is a part of street racing.... how do u get someone to race u at a red light??? pretty sure revin ur engine is most popular way... just because i asked what u think is a stupid question doesnt mean u gotta jump down my throat, im here to learn about neons and modding them since u say ur older why dont u grow up and teach me sumin and set up the next generation of neon owners inside of bein a douchebag

Old 04-25-2007, 07:42 PM
blackflame
Captain

Graphite,

First I want to say that I by no means want to offend you or anything. Opinions are opinions and thats totally cool. I think I worded what I wanted to say pretty bad...haha. By the thing I said about no stupid questions. What I meant to say is like what 03neon said. Basically...I'm sure the person is asking the question thinking its stupid. They just are undereducated in that area. In the revving case...I highly doubt the person knew that it was to protect his car from blowing up.

When I said, "who is going to take your place?" I meant that eventually you won't be able to drive a car anymore. Mainly because people die haha. If you do not let kids in the scene then they don't learn. If they don't learn then they will come in at lets say...30ish. They come in at the age of 30 with the knowledge of a kid. So people will start to say all of these 30 yr olds need to leave. Then they will enter at 40 with the knowledge of a kid still....it goes on. Do you see what I'm saying. Basically again...what 03neon said. Everyone has to learn at some point why not make it when you are young? Then that last thing about killing the scene. I meant what I just said in the past few sentences.

So sorry if i pissed anyone off. That was never intended. I do understand that the same question gets old. Haha, usually when I have a question that I know is common and can't find it anywhere I just apologize in the thread or ask it to be ignored.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:09 PM
contagious19
Champion

i look bak at dis an laugh

Old 04-25-2007, 08:28 PM
blocks885
Veteran

I agree with everything said, but I don't know if this has been said but I'm going to say it. Everyone has to start somewhere and we all start at that point. I know most of the time on here I get quick and fast responses which are veryyyy appreciated, but sometimes questions go unanswered and I feel if someone knows anything, don't hold back. No question is ever stupid and we all still are learning. You may be a veteran for engine mods but not know audio or other things..The thing is someone you may ridicule because you think they're not as "smart" as you may be the one who can help you later on--a forum is meant to come together via the internet and share knowledge, discuss it all in one place. I love this site because if other people's questions may also help me and since I don't have time to research everything sometimes it's easier to just ask, it may be stupid questions but it's a time saver for people who already have done it or know someone or a website specifically to go to... I would just say that one hand washes the other. And if people help me out I will be glad to return that favor to others, I know I've already done that and will continue to do it--because as I learn more, I hope to pass that on to other noob's just like when I was a noob (which I still am learning). And maybe someday you never know down the line, the people you meet on the forum may have superior connections to something you want. Can never burn your bridges.

I love this forum though! And I enjoy reading and gettting insight into what I do as well as what other people are modding to their car so if I ever want to do something similar down the road, I'll have some sort of direction or knowledge.

Old 04-25-2007, 08:28 PM
GrApHite03

Graphite,

First I want to say that I by no means want to offend you or anything. Opinions are opinions and thats totally cool. I think I worded what I wanted to say pretty bad...haha. By the thing I said about no stupid questions. What I meant to say is like what 03neon said. Basically...I'm sure the person is asking the question thinking its stupid. They just are undereducated in that area. In the revving case...I highly doubt the person knew that it was to protect his car from blowing up.

When I said, "who is going to take your place?" I meant that eventually you won't be able to drive a car anymore. Mainly because people die haha. If you do not let kids in the scene then they don't learn. If they don't learn then they will come in at lets say...30ish. They come in at the age of 30 with the knowledge of a kid. So people will start to say all of these 30 yr olds need to leave. Then they will enter at 40 with the knowledge of a kid still....it goes on. Do you see what I'm saying. Basically again...what 03neon said. Everyone has to learn at some point why not make it when you are young? Then that last thing about killing the scene. I meant what I just said in the past few sentences.

So sorry if i pissed anyone off. That was never intended. I do understand that the same question gets old. Haha, usually when I have a question that I know is common and can't find it anywhere I just apologize in the thread or ask it to be ignored.
I took no offense... I am a very laid back person. I do love a healthy debate and am very able to respect another opinion.

ORIGINAL: mikesxt

well i dont have much knowledge of the car i was askin if it was possible, didnt know it wasent possible didnt know it was a saftey feature i just got my first car 3 weeks ago my 05 sxt....... and if ur saying u are in the street racing scene...then u tell me uve never reved ur car...... reving ur car is a part of street racing.... how do u get someone to race u at a red light??? pretty sure revin ur engine is most popular way... just because i asked what u think is a stupid question doesnt mean u gotta jump down my throat, im here to learn about neons and modding them since u say ur older why dont u grow up and teach me sumin and set up the next generation of neon owners inside of bein a douchebag
First: Yes, i've street raced before.
Second: No i don't rev my engine.
Third: I don't race at street lights. Street light are also called traffic lights. traffic and street racing should not be together in the same sentence.
Fourth: I did not jump down your throat. I made one comment and didn't make another toward you again. Yes i referenced you a few times, only because this thread is about yours.
Fifth: Grow up? son i've been modifying and racing cars since the days when you were still in diapers.I was fiddling with my 442 Olds back in '94. You want to learn from me, your gonna have to ask a legitimate question.

In conclusion, i have no hard felling toward you at all... It's seems to me that you are all up in arms over my comment. Take it for what it is... one comment. Fortunately or unfortunately that is me, i'm not gonna change who i am depending on what forum i am on.

On a side note... check out that site i mentioned in the other thread. It's my forum. There is a lot of knowledgable people over there and 90% of the member's are from New England.

k3v

Old 04-25-2007, 09:27 PM
night709
Veteran

I love coming to this site and gaining more knowledge on what can be done. It is fun to read some of the things that go on here when people race other people or what they are doing to their car.

Old 04-26-2007, 04:06 PM
blackflame
Captain

Hmm...I have never heard that street racing and "traffic" racing are different. I guess it makes sense somewhat. Everyone I know kind of always mixed it together I guess. Whats the difference??

Old 04-26-2007, 05:57 PM
GrApHite03

Hmm...I have never heard that street racing and "traffic" racing are different. I guess it makes sense somewhat. Everyone I know kind of always mixed it together I guess. Whats the difference??
Before attempting to be a smart ***... brush up on your reading comprehension.

"Third: I don't race at street lights. Street light are also called traffic lights. traffic and street racing should not be together in the same sentence. "

Here, i'll spell it out for you...

The word "traffic" and the word "street racing" should not be together in the same sentence.

Thanks for playing though...

k3v

Quick Reply: REMINDER TO EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM