2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

who has most hp

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 05:31 PM
AirWolf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: who has most hp

ORIGINAL: spudsterier

again....unless you really supe up your motor, larger fuel pump and injectors will only hurt your power ration since you will get too much fuel
Not really askin for your help you dont have a sxt or a 2nd gen neon anyways . not much into power anyways only built up for carshows . More looks than go so .

Old 04-27-2007, 05:50 PM
blackflame
Captain

ORIGINAL: mikesxt

why dump so much performance money into ur cars if ur only getting them to like 150 hp max?
Well you can buy neons cheaper than lets say...a mustang. I can't remember how much mustangs cost but lets just say about $10,000usd more(that probably isn't accurate). So that means we have 10,000 to get a neon up to or better than a mustang before we can say, "why did we buy this car and waste money?" Also I have noticed that people are saying they have 2 different types of hp. Some people are talking about engine HP and some are talking about WHP(Wheel horse power). Two way different things. Neon engines have 132HP stock but run around 112whp(right guys?). I know 03neon is talking about WHP.

How much whp would a turbo add. Does anyone know? I have heard it adds +100 for hahn turbos. That seems kinda vague.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:29 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

I only speak in WHP and WTQ...crank HP/TQ is irrelevent. An R/T stock has about 135whp/125wtq (a base Neon is around 110whp/wtq give or take)...now to get up to those power levels on a base Neon you would to either swap in a Magnum head (or race port your standard head), purchase a Magnum exhaust manifold (or aftermarket short header), get a Magnum cam (or Crane 12, Comp 200), and have a better intake manifold. There are other things obivously, like the less restrictive exhaust system, whether you have an MTX or ATX but those are the big ones. If you dont have those mods or their equivilent then thats how you can "estimate" your power levels...

How much power a turbo adds depends on the size of the turbo, among other factors. A common TD04 will generally give an increase of about 100whp/120wtq at about 10-12psi (say 10whp/10wtq per 1 psi, but thats just a very rough estimation)...the larger Hahn 16g has potential for more power increase at lower boost levels. Then of course theres the factor of fuel tune, etc...

Old 04-27-2007, 06:57 PM
blackflame
Captain

I agree, HP that comes through at the crank really doesn't matter if it doesn't make it down to the wheels. What do you think my next modification should be? I have an AEM CAI...thats it haha. I was thinking about a stage 2 hahn turbo. 4 grand is a little too much right now. I also heard they are more for auto trannsmissions. Now I'm thinking towards a magnaflow exhaust. What do you think I would benefit from most?

Old 04-27-2007, 07:07 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Probably a header and exhaust.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:13 PM
blackflame
Captain

oh ok, thanks for the quick reply. Any recommendation on the header? I heard some people that were disappointed with the pacesetter header.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:17 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Stay away from the Pacesetter like the plague...go with OBX or a used Magnum header.