2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Little Frustrated...

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007 | 04:36 PM
lblackneon
Champion
Default RE: Little Frustrated...

It seems as if he got caught street racing.

I do agree with u. It's nice to see someone else drive your car. Before I had my recently installed list, AFX Race Pcm, and maybe 60mm TB, I had my brother drive my car while I drove his Cadillac. I was very disappointed for all the money I put into it.

Old 05-02-2007 | 05:15 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned

haha yes it can go the other way too haha, someone drives ur vehicle while your waste it in their vehicle haha. anyway, yeah i gotpulled over in december, im still in a provisional license stage of my license, so this i got a 90 day this time. It was my first speeding ticket though, but it sucks,,,is goin to be rough, but im just goin to really work hard on getting my neon as buttoned up and fast as possible....my bros truck is fun to mod too, he just got osme sweet new rims on the tihng, cant wait to show u pics of his beautfiful beast, looks all euro, AMAZING....

Old 05-02-2007 | 06:29 PM
AirWolf

ORIGINAL: Andpto

ORIGINAL: LowSlowNeon

Someone tell me how manuals put more wear and tear on the car? I'll tell you what puts wear on tear on the car, is the driver. If you know how to drive a car the manual will be less maintenance. Airwolf, don't get butt hurt about people not liking autos. But yes...neons in stock form are not that quick be it manual or auto. But you should compare apples to apples when you compare it to other cars. Obviously we aren't going to compare how fast neons are to something that costs 10,000 dollars more because its not a fair comparison. For the cars that are in its price range and intended market, it is probably the fastest in stock form.
LOLLLLLLL
I love my auto and my sxt will probably look better show wise than most of your sxts when you guys engine probably look better than mine . Im a show gal all the way not much into go until my next ride.

Old 05-03-2007 | 03:23 AM
nswap7
Captain

Good luck on the project and keep us updated..i do agree with ..when someone else drives your car you understand what u got.. i got a 2002 ATX and when i got my kumhos put on, my dad wanted to drive it home..so i was basically racing him in a saturn and just the sounds and looks of my neon just amazed me..i do want to know though..where did u get that trans cooler? Whats the specs on it(size etc.)?? iv been looking at doing something for my trans.

Old 05-04-2007 | 01:59 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned

I had it installed by Stroudwater Transmission, a place up here in Maine. To be honest, I don't recall the specific dimensions, but generally speaking, it's takes about half of the radiator. I don't want to sound like a jocky idiot, like ooooh yeah major HORSEPOWER gainer! But it's true, there was no question...after it was installed, when i floor it now, the neon doesn't give up past 90 mph, and i think it has everything to do with it having it's own cooling system now, i think neons trannies heat up big time towards higher speeds, right after i got it installed, as stupid as it sounds, me and my brother raced across a 2 mile stretch of marsh and the neon never gave out, it just stayed at the higher rpms and cruised to the governor limit, it was nothing id experienced before, its just so fun seeing the potential of this vehicle, just a little devotion and money put aside really makes these hidden beauties so unique and quick, glad to know most ppl dont know how 2 make a neon look good or dont bother because it really allows us neon owners who know what their doing, stick out!

Old 05-04-2007 | 01:41 PM
Kapitald
Captain

hmm....im a little skeptical on that trans cooler but i'll have to take your word for it.....I've had a 2005 atx sxt and now i have a 2004 mtx sxt and the manual is definately the better choice....(I DONT KNOW WHERE WERE AT IN THIS CONVO SO I JUST THRE THAT IN THERE LOL)

Old 05-04-2007 | 04:12 PM
Adionik
Champion

I would drive without a freaking bumper, hell I would drive around with it primer if it meant that it hauled *** with a freaking stage 2 turbo or something. I WAS into looks, but now I can't stand how slow it is. My exhaust it sounds mean, but freaking has nothing to back it up. I wish I had gotten an srt from the start but my parents don't love me.

Old 05-04-2007 | 06:25 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

well, i have decided that over summer break all my money, every penny I make, is going towards a turbo + goodies.

I am pretty much going to buy everything all at once, so it might take a while (like 2 summers) to save up. BUT, im a college student...[:@]

Old 05-04-2007 | 07:07 PM
Andpto
All Star

ORIGINAL: Freerider

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

well, i have decided that over summer break all my money, every penny I make, is going towards a turbo + goodies.

I am pretty much going to buy everything all at once, so it might take a while (like 2 summers) to save up. BUT, im a college student...[:@]
Starting selling blood so u can get there faster. lol jk but im going to dread being in college and poor

Quick Reply: Little Frustrated...