2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

APEXi Super AFC-II

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007 | 06:29 PM
lblackneon
|
Champion
Default APEXi Super AFC-II

I just ordered the APEXi Super AFC-II Fuel Modifier along with some MSD distributor or tach or something. I ordered it at Modern performance. Here is what it looks like.

http://www.modernperformance.com/all...products.shtml

Hopefully the directions are very specific and helpful. I'm getting a little scared on how hard it's gonna be to get it installed. I hope I didn't dig myself in a hole. What do you guys think of that piece? The reason I got it is b/c my car seems as if it's not getting enough fuel.

I'll probably be getting the MOpar air/fuel gauge or the AEM air fuel gauge. The AEM is way more accurate and way more expensive. The guy at modern said the mopar one tends to jump around too much.

Old 05-07-2007 | 06:59 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker
Default RE: APEXi Super AFC-II

get the aem wideband, becasue the mopar is a narrowband, and you cant do crap tuning with it or anything for that matter, it is just lights. trust me, dont get the mopar. ive heard good things about the fuel controller thingy. i cant imagine it being much harder to hook up than my megasquirt lol so just shoot me a pm if you get stuck

Old 05-07-2007 | 07:02 PM
tooslow
Veteran

the safc is pretty straight forward too install sending you pm with how too

Old 05-07-2007 | 07:26 PM
lblackneon
|
Champion

Thanks guys.
BTW: Spikey; how much did u end up paying for your MS?

Old 05-07-2007 | 07:52 PM
lblackneon
|
Champion

I just would hate to spend that much money on a stupid gauge. I'd rather spend it on something else. I'll probably end up getting the AEM gauge.

I'm still not 100% sure how this unit works but is the APEXi Super AFC-II Fuel Modifier just a programmer or is it a unit that stays in the car. The reason I'm asking is I was wondering if I can use it on my car then after I change the fuel flow use it on my dads Cobra. I'm going to read all the specifics later on.

Old 05-07-2007 | 11:17 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

i believe it stays in the car. and the ms is prob costing me like maybe 500+ with all wiring and shiz to go along with it

Old 05-07-2007 | 11:28 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51147

that might help

Old 05-08-2007 | 12:38 AM
lblackneon
|
Champion

I think the guy at Modern Performance was telling me about that. Thanks.

Old 05-08-2007 | 08:39 AM
GrApHite03

SAFCII is mainly used to pull out full not to add fuel. (on our cars - i'll get to this later)

A SAFCII modifies the, in our case, MAP sensor voltage by fooling the computer. To pull fuel it lowers the voltage, to add fuel it raises the voltage. You can add or take away by %

the MAP sensor wire reads 0-5v. When the MAP sends 4.6v to the ECU it means you are at WOT. Considering the ECU will put you into limp mode when you hit 5v, you won't have much room to play with as far as adding fuel. 5v is equal to stoich or atmospheric pressure. anything over that is positive pressure, also known as boost on a turbo car.

I hate to be the barer of bad new, but its not going to work for you. The main reason it doesn't work is due to the design of our engine management. Our cars, ECU & MAP, aren't programmed to read or provide the adequate fuel for positive pressure. As an example... Most Honda ECU and MAP set-ups can read and provide fuel for up to 11 pounds of positive pressure. this is why most civics are so easy to boost. no need for a MAP clamp or heavy duty engine management until you start really boosting the car.

k3v

Old 05-08-2007 | 12:30 PM
nicks2kes
Veteran

hey lblackneon, ive got an AEM wideband w/ extra 02 sensor for sale. $240 shipped let me know

Quick Reply: APEXi Super AFC-II