2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Good Transmission for tuned neon?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 09:06 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Good Transmission for tuned neon?

well its not just going to be the tranny going if you are really putting down those numbers.... i would say that even when you change the trans over to another Auto trans. you will still have the torque converter which is where you are going to lose most of the power your engine is making... the torque converter is what proects your first (sometimes second) gear, and with those kinds of numbers i would say that you are going to go through 2-4 torque converters per year...... which is very very costly...... even aftermarket ones will only hold up for so long under stress, thats why most cars that are putting down numbers like that and are used on the street are manuals or they have a really heavy and really strong trans and torque converter.... in the long run i would say go with the R/t 5 spd. man. trans, and save yourself the money down the road, i know everyone here with an auto is gonna have something to say now but either way I personally think for the sake of ur hard earned $ go with the manual.....

Old 05-16-2007, 09:37 PM
rm5830
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, thanks Izero, ill check into it, I love the haters on here like low slow neon, Oh I bet if I told him I havea 95 model supra you wouldnt believe that either, check my pics, theres all the proof you need buddy.The crate motor with forged internals, 12 grind cam at 7,000 rpm with 75 shot puts down a littleunder 247 horses. Every one seems to be pointing me into the convert it to manual direction, but in my city, the stop and go kills me in the supra, and the neon being auto, really is a nice switch to have during the week to go to work and home. As soon as I have more pics Ill put up the dyno sheet and the new motor pics as well as the new single turbo on the supra.

Old 05-17-2007, 12:31 AM
lblackneon
Champion

ORIGINAL: rm5830

Yeah, thanks Izero, ill check into it, I love the haters on here like low slow neon, Oh I bet if I told him I have a 95 model supra you wouldnt believe that either, check my pics, theres all the proof you need buddy. The crate motor with forged internals, 12 grind cam at 7,000 rpm with 75 shot puts down a little under 247 horses. Every one seems to be pointing me into the convert it to manual direction, but in my city, the stop and go kills me in the supra, and the neon being auto, really is a nice switch to have during the week to go to work and home. As soon as I have more pics Ill put up the dyno sheet and the new motor pics as well as the new single turbo on the supra.
So the Supra is your fun car???
If that's the case, I understand why you're sticking with the auto. Stop and go doesn't bother me.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:39 AM
Andpto
All Star

i still dont understand the 247 neon that is N/A on atx. You must have a good tranny cooler or something

Old 05-17-2007, 01:49 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

I love all the bsers that come on the internet and say they have this and that and can't back anything they say up. You say to check your gallery, where might I find this? I'm not saying you don't have a neon that has 247whp on nitrous because its very possible, I guess a better thing to do would have been to ask what you have done to it besides nitrous. Unless you're going for an all out drag car or it is your DD and you live in a huge metropolitan area I see no reason to keep the auto.

Old 05-17-2007, 02:45 AM
Izero
Champion

ok well if your putting that kinda of power down... the stop and go is what is going to cause that Auto trans to "pop" first gear.... you are going to be driving along one day stop at a light then try to accel. and then you are going to hear a "pop" (your torque converter finnally giving way) and then you are going to jolt forward real hard and then you will prolly hear a grind which will prolly be the gear shredding into uncountable peices..... few thousand bucks later your back in bussiness i guess.....and honestly i dont see why he cant have 247 WHP..... if you think about it 247-75 (shot of nos) = 172 WHP.... am i wrong? but i honestly think 172HP is attainable and im betting that theres a few people with 170+/- HP on this very forum... so why the hell cant he have it?

Old 05-17-2007, 03:16 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

I just said it was possible. But I don't believe everything I hear either. In the first post there was no mention as how 247whp was attained. So you can stick up for him all you want, bash me if you desire, I don't really care. I am just not that gullible to believe everything I hear without some proof. If you don't like it then don't read it and don't ask for peoples opinion.

Old 05-17-2007, 04:24 AM
Izero
Champion

calmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm down.... lol not bashing anyone, personally i dont care what the guy has in his car if he's lying w/e then w/e we are telling him might not help him, if he's not then well we're helpin him or at least trying to... the last thing i want is this to turn into something like neons.org or w/e where people get bashed left and right, so lets all chill and figure his problem out, b/c you never know when you yourself may have the same problem down the road ya know? .... you know the day when they invent some sort of crazy *** thing that adds 150 hp in two seconds without any pain in the @$$ work..... lol yea in our dreams

Old 05-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Andpto
All Star

172 horses? who has a 172 horses here on a N/A engine

Old 05-17-2007, 07:04 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

I'm not trying to be an *** or anything, BUT, there is no possible way any 2.0 (crate motor or otherwise) is making 172whp N/A with the only mods being a Crane 12 cam and forged internals, not to mention the Crane 12 barely makes any power at all at 7,000 RPM's (what are you running for engine management anyways??)...plus, a "75 shot" does not mean your getting 75whp (what kind of nitrous kit are you running also?)...

Quick Reply: Good Transmission for tuned neon?