2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Good Transmission for tuned neon?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007 | 07:24 PM
Biged83
Captain
Default RE: Good Transmission for tuned neon?

why would you be running forged internals on a NA motor that is only making 172 hp? i could see if its turbo/supercharges or built for nos. but just n/a...no

Old 05-17-2007 | 07:28 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Biged83

why would you be running forged internals on a NA motor that is only making 172 hp? i could see if its turbo/supercharges or built for nos. but just n/a...no
Well he's running a "75 shot" and has "247whp" which is why forged internals are a good idea...but I'm not seeing how he made that 172whp all-motor to begin with...

Old 05-17-2007 | 07:30 PM
Biged83
Captain

thats where im having an issue with it too.

Old 05-18-2007 | 12:36 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Biged83

thats where im having an issue with it too.
Well according to his other thread with the pictures, he has the following engine modifications done to his Neon:

koyo aluminum radiator
aem cai
mpx 60mmTB
indy intake
mpx underdrive pulley
crane 12 cam, crane valvesprings and retainers
fidanza cam gear
MP ultra performance bottom end
MP exhaust header
AF/X street strip pcm
apexi safcII
AEM wideband UEGO
zex 75shot wet, zex bottle heater
21lb accell injectors
venom high flow rail
walboro 255lph pump
msd coil and wires

Now, from that list, the only things giving him real additional whp/wtq (not including the nitrous) are the 60mm TB, UDP, Intake Manifold, Crane 12 camshaft, MPx Header, Borla Catback, and the AF/x Race PCM...and those modifications alone wont get you anywhere near 172whp all-motor.

Old 05-18-2007 | 01:46 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Heh. I would agree with that also. I would also wager a guess that he doesn't have a supra either. If he has a supra my weekend car is an M3.

Old 05-20-2007 | 03:46 PM
rm5830

relax lowslowneon, yeah believe me I dont believe everything people tell me either, especially since last weekend I rolled over to the local checkers to get a burger in the supra and a guy at the window says..."Hey your that guy with the 900hp supra" and Im like, no it is only pushing 475 to the wheels, so yeah people talk and get things way out of proportion. No one is bashing you. Here is the link to my pics, you cant see everything done to the car but you can see some. Oh and yes its very possible to push over 170 NA, with enough money you can do anything, the reason most people dont understand that kinda set up or power is cause 1. they have never seen a set up to do it, 2. They have seen similar but not tuned, so there is many ways to go about it. So here is the link and I don't hate you! Just like I tell my crew at work, we all love the same thing, that's why we are here, so there is no point in getting lit. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=81439511

And your not being an *** 03neonRT, you just dont know what all ive put into it, of course the most horsepower is coming from the zex wet kit, and the methonol kit is tuned to throw in about 14 horses as well, the pcm is also from howell automotive, and the difference is incredible with the new motor, the stock pcm would not let enough fuel get in and was constantly running lean, but with the help of Gary over at Howell they didn't even suggest any other type of control other than their AF/X pcm. If my setup is boggling you then this one really will, my buddy has a 96' DOHC that only has a ultraperformance bottom end and a crane #10 and has right at 160 horses, few bolt ons like msd dis-2a header and mopar pcm.And I hate him for that, he only spent around 2,500 for everything. But there you go, feel free to ask anymore questions.

Old 05-20-2007 | 04:04 PM
rm5830

Ive got a title to back up my MK1V supra, do you have one to back up your M3? check the pics, all the proof you need. I feel like I'm back in high school, thanks guys!

Old 05-20-2007 | 04:10 PM
rm5830

Anywho, thanks for all your help guys but I think Ill start getting my info from the professionals at howell or turboneons, so thanks for the help with your opinions, I need real answers to my questions from those who act responsible and not like a bunch of school girls.

later!

Old 05-21-2007 | 01:23 AM
Andpto
All Star

ORIGINAL: rm5830

Anywho, thanks for all your help guys but I think Ill start getting my info from the professionals at howell or turboneons, so thanks for the help with your opinions, I need real answers to my questions from those who act responsible and not like a bunch of school girls.

later!
Everybody has an opinion... We are just humans that agree and disagree, its just the way of life. Saying that your neon has this many horses or this much nitrous is just not enough. We as humans like to see in our own eyes, not be told over an a computer screen. Dont get all butt hurt when somebody who knows alot about neons and has lots of experince tells you that what u have is not possible. It might be whatever... This forum has tons of information and lots of respect from one member to another member... go walk over to neons.org and tell them your setup, they will laugh at you, disrespect you, and tell you to go play need for speed. Untill you can give somebody a dyno sheet or track time slip (thats it not from your supra) then people will believe you.. There will always be haters any where you go, you just got to deal with it.

-Andres

Old 05-22-2007 | 02:12 AM
Izero
Champion

i agree with Andpto, thats just how the world works..... its sad but its true, until they see solid proof they wont believe..... whats your complete mod list? b/c i have yet to see one....

Quick Reply: Good Transmission for tuned neon?